True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
big G
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does any one have any advice on how in the fuck to get that pilot bearing out the rear of the crank shaft..

·
Rustlin' Jimmies
6,254 Posts
You can rent the tool from Vatozone Part # 27059 you'll need a slide hammer too.
I've heard of people packing bread or playdough behind it, and hammering a socket in backwards to compress the shit, pressing it out from the inside.

Attachments

·
Rustlin' Jimmies
6,254 Posts
Sounds goofy I know. Pack it through the bearing into the crank so when you hammer a backwards socket through the middle it compresses the playdough changing the direction of the force and pressing the bearing out from the inside.
Or you could just use the puller and a slide hammer.

·
big G
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha.. wow i have never heard of some shit like that.. yea man i think i need a puller that fucking bearing is really in there

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Dude 9 times outta 10 the pilot bearing doesn't need replacing. You should be good.

·
big G
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no bro it needed changed.. i took my fucking clutch cable cover off or whatever thats called and peaces of clutch just started falling over the floor

·
big G
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah i got one in my clutch kit i bought.. the ppl that transported my car fucked my shit up man.. dont ever ship ur car over seas

·
Rustlin' Jimmies
6,254 Posts
Speaking of stuff that comes with the kit, the general consensus I've heard is to use a ford racing throwout bearing, and that the aftermarket ones aren't very good quality.

·
Bolt Speedman
4,751 Posts
Speaking of stuff that comes with the kit, the general consensus I've heard is to use a ford racing throwout bearing, and that the aftermarket ones aren't very good quality.
+1 ive used spec/napa ones in the past.. I only use Ford TOB's now

·
BITCH, I look like goku.
887 Posts
be careful if youre using a slide hammer. sometimes the inner race will break and you will end up punching yourself in the face

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I had to use a slidehammer. And you are fine with the spec TOB. I have used 2 now with no issues. ANd listen to turboB13, I almost smacked myself in the face to when the inner part came out lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts