3,470 Posts
Oh noes, silencers!

that just means everyone will be an assassin now like the movies show

:(

i can't sign the petition

·
Life begins at 135mph..
1,328 Posts
People should get a purchase voucher from hearing conservationist Dr's too.

·
Faster than a speeding mustang
1,214 Posts
There's a reason they don't let idiots buy idiot-proof weapons/accessories

They should start a petition so that people below a certain IQ can't post shit on the internet

Reactions: Chingon

·
Mustang Graveyard
655 Posts
I'm for this, but I still have 1 gripe. What about the $600 in stamps the ATF already has of mine for cans? No reimbursement I assume haha!

I'm hoping this passes as it's now legal to hunt in NM with a suppressor. To hell win headin protection

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm for this, but I still have 1 gripe. What about the $600 in stamps the ATF already has of mine for cans? No reimbursement I assume haha!

I'm hoping this passes as it's now legal to hunt in NM with a suppressor. To hell win headin protection
The only 2 reasons that I don't own cans is the because of the tax stamp fee and being put on an NFA list. I'm all for having to do the same background check as you would to purchase an actual firearm, and I am also for having to do a legal transfer of said suppressor if sold privately. However, I just don't believe that someone should be demonized for purchasing a suppressor by being put on a list. BTW, to those talking all that loud shit, I've said it before over the years and I'll say it again:) I am local if you would like to have this conversation in person!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a reason they don't let idiots buy idiot-proof weapons/accessories

They should start a petition so that people below a certain IQ can't post shit on the internet
You really didn't put much thought into that statement did you... The same "idiot" that just bought a firearm from a gun store can still purchase a suppressor for a small fee. All this petition does is remove it from the list of NFA items genius!

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
:D

·
Faster than a speeding mustang
1,214 Posts
You really didn't put much thought into that statement did you... The same "idiot" that just bought a firearm from a gun store can still purchase a suppressor for a small fee. All this petition does is remove it from the list of NFA items genius!
I didn't put much thought into it at all...Apparently you did

That "small fee" isn't small at all btw.

Let's remove RPGs too!! And might as well lift the ban on fully automatic weapons.

I've always wanted a BMG on the roof of my house to deter those pesky trespassers :headbang:

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
In some countries, suppressors are required if you are varmint hunting. A quality suppressor can also be purchased for roughly $200-$300 from many local stores.

There is 0 reason for them to be 'illegal'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts