True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which is better pertronix second strike or MSD digital 6? i will be spraying a 150-250 shot of nitrous so i definetly need one on my carbed 331.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
MSD Digital 6 or 7. Look em up on summit.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Yes, but the digi 6 isn't and is badass. Like two step rev control, timing retard, window switch, all kinds of goodies.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Not to rain on Yearwood's parade, if you are going to buy a Digital 6 plus buy it there. I have reverted back to the 6AL because I went through 3 digital 6 plus boxes, rewired everything 100 times and they gave me hell. Broke my motor on TV (Passtime) after it shut off for about 1/3 to 1/2 second. When it sparked back off - boom. Not sure what the problem was. We tried everyting. It worked fine for a few years prior to that, once the problem began, no boxes worked. We even put in a brand new distributer and everything. On the No-Bull drive it cut out once or twince for just a milisecond. We dumped and went back to the 6AL. I take the timing out myself now.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to rain on Yearwood's parade, if you are going to buy a Digital 6 plus buy it there. I have reverted back to the 6AL because I went through 3 digital 6 plus boxes, rewired everything 100 times and they gave me hell. Broke my motor on TV (Passtime) after it shut off for about 1/3 to 1/2 second. When it sparked back off - boom. Not sure what the problem was. We tried everyting. It worked fine for a few years prior to that, once the problem began, no boxes worked. We even put in a brand new distributer and everything. On the No-Bull drive it cut out once or twince for just a milisecond. We dumped and went back to the 6AL. I take the timing out myself now.
wow...that is good to know.. but how long did you have this box on before you got problems? has anyone else had problems with this box?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
We can do that too. The 6AL box is $209.99, the 6AL2 (multi rev-limiters) is $259.99, you could add a retard module (three different retards) for $179.99. I did talk to the guys here and they indicated that there used to be lots of problem with the Digital 6, like the rev limiter coming on without notice, etc, but we haven't heard of any problems recently (except Scott of course). Why don't you come in and talk at length about you options, cause there are many. Thanks Jim

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
We can do that too. The 6AL box is $209.99, the 6AL2 (multi rev-limiters) is $259.99, you could add a retard module (three different retards) for $179.99. I did talk to the guys here and they indicated that there used to be lots of problem with the Digital 6, like the rev limiter coming on without notice, etc, but we haven't heard of any problems recently (except Scott of course). Why don't you come in and talk at length about you options, cause there are many. Thanks Jim

your such a smooth talker Jim.. :pimp: you wanna be one of my manwhore's? :lol:

·
2,937 Posts
Ok, but whatcha gonna do with both of them nickels????????????????

Your gong to have to work harder than that.. don't make me warm up the pimp hand.... :pimp:

:lol::lol::lol:

sorry for the hijack.. :drunk:

·
2,937 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts