True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As popular as 8.5 is becoming why not make it the top heads up class? 1/8 mile no make thr drive requirements the tire is the limiting factor. Thoughts ?

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
As popular as 8.5 is becoming why not make it the top heads up class? 1/8 mile no make thr drive requirements the tire is the limiting factor. Thoughts ?
That would be bad ass!!!! But I have heard rumors that NO BULL isn't gonna come back for 2014

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then we need some events with outlaw 8.5 added to it maybe RODS

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
Then we need some events with outlaw 8.5 added to it maybe RODS
That would be bad ass. 8.5s added to the rods race with points added up at the end of the season for a overall winner. Something to keep everyone motivated to race at every event.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most of the guys that want to heads up race fit this class. We just need to push for it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Adding it to rods would be cool but we would need more than 4, 8.5 cars to show up
4 cars? Hell only 2 from NM showed up. 2 doesn't make a class! BTW 2 was the best attendance for No Bull as well.

BTW if most of you didn't know, most of the purse for PSCA was put up by the track. $1000 per class. (total $3000 for a total of 13 cars)

Want a class? first thing to do is get a paying sponsor.

·
Super Moderator
6,530 Posts
You have Scott with the vega that can run 8.5s. Scott with the frog, Ricky, Issac, Stanford and so on. Why do the racers have to build a class and get a sponsor. Can the track not do it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
You have Scott with the vega that can run 8.5s. Scott with the frog, Ricky, Issac, Stanford and so on. Why do the racers have to build a class and get a sponsor. Can the track not do it?
No I can't. These are all cars that don't show up. I have a hard time getting sponsor money for RODS. Ricky, you do show up. EVERYTIME. Who wants to sponsor a race for 2 cars?

·
Registered
215 Posts
We have had 35 races this year. Yes we got struck by lightening, TWICE. We had someone run over the sensors (60 ft). But in ALL but 1 race, the important sensors worked (starting line and finish line). Yes I can do that!

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I'm sorry, but Robert has a point. The last NoBull was a dismal failure, the car count at TNT the night before was double race day participation.

Thought about trying to build a couple of classes, but my experience with KOTS taught me a lesson.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm sorry, but Robert has a point. The last NoBull was a dismal failure, the car count at TNT the night before was double race day participation.

Thought about trying to build a couple of classes, but my experience with KOTS taught me a lesson.
Its so hard to try and please everyone and after while youjust say fk it.
I know everyone likes to win but its not always about winning its just thefun of getting together with the guys and having a good time :eek:ldman:

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Its so hard to try and please everyone and after while youjust say fk it.
I know everyone likes to win but its not always about winning its just thefun of getting together with the guys and having a good time :eek:ldman:
...............and usually the biggest critics don't have a dog in the fight to begin with. People seem to forget it's supposed to be fun.

I approached whom I believe will be running the new series, with a couple of off ideas and was pretty much told my ideas weren't wanted. Thought about approaching Robert, but decided against that. Why bang my head against the wall and work my ass off, for nothing in return?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here is an idea for you guys. You say you have 10 guys who want to run. Collect $300 from each of them now. That is a $100 entry for 3 races. Now you have $3000 for 3 purses as a start (guaranteed). Then start pounding the streets to get some sponsor money and your purse goes up. If you present 3000 to me, I will give you 3 races next year.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here is an idea for you guys. You say you have 10 guys who want to run. Collect $300 from each of them now. That is a $100 entry for 3 races. Now you have $3000 for 3 purses as a start (guaranteed). Then start pounding the streets to get some sponsor money and your purse goes up. If you present 3000 to me, I will give you 3 races next year.
What weekends would these races be on? With RODS?

·
!!! SOLD 3/29/14 !!!
242 Posts
Well I took a year off so I won't say to much. But no bull has sucked for years sorry to say.And with everyone geared towards street racing I think no bull should take a year off. Maybe add another all out call out and call it a year. Maybe after a few more accidents and a couple more people get locked up they might get motivated about starting a new series at the track.
Just my :twocents:

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3000 by what date?

·
Super Moderator
6,530 Posts
Wow what a crock of shit. I dont have a car at this second but will be building one over the next year for 8.5. Shouldnt have to give a track $3k to race at it. Its at the same time as RODS. We all know nobull is dead. You arent opening the track on a seperate weekend and staffing it. Hope you 8.5 guys get to race each other. Im done, Cant wait to get out of this shithole state.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts