True Street Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Mato Cucarachas
1,906 Posts
lolhysteriamongers

Not everyone is pushing for an outright ban (in fact hardly anyone is). The NRA-brainwashed extremists on the right sound the war drums to drum up voters. Some people like myself (proud, sensible gun owner - even *gasp* multiple assault rifles and high-capacity semi-auto handguns) simply think that a bit more control would be sensible and wouldn't infringe upon anyone's rights.

People throw "the CONSTITUTION" around like it's some sacred infallible holy document. There's nothing magic about the Bill of Rights either - they were amendments to the constitution. Hey - we have 27 actual amendments on that document! Some were pretty stupid too and repealed.

We're talking about lawyers/rich dudes/politicians here. As we evolve as a nation we should be able to clarify/amend some rights.

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yet, your own President wants to (and has tried) ban those very rifles you own. As does the next likely Democrat president.

Lets not forget, the last Democrat president also banned those very rifles you own.

Gun friendly democrats are living in la-la land, if they believe their very own elected officials won't keep pressing for more and more regulations, bans, etc - until we get to the point that it mirrors exactly what the UK and Australia has done.

Lets also not forget that many (maybe most?) liberals believe 'the constitution to be outdated'...as you just seem to have eluded to.

·
Mato Cucarachas
1,906 Posts
I would welcome clarification and specification to the second amendment.

Also, if assault rifles were banned, they would just get more expensive and very few people's lives would be significantly altered. There are more important issues out there IMO..

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
The Constitution and Bill of rights is to be protected and upheld. If it is asked to be changed and "updated" by every swinging dick and lobbyist out there to suit a specific group of peoples agenda, then there is no point in having it at all!!

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I would welcome clarification and specification to the second amendment.

Also, if assault rifles were banned, they would just get more expensive and very few people's lives would be significantly altered. There are more important issues out there IMO..
Exactly, there are. So why are democrats putting so much energy into 'assault weapon' bans, magazine bans, etc?

Btw, the rifles you guy at your local gun store w/o a tax stamp aren't 'assault rifles'.

·
Mato Cucarachas
1,906 Posts
I call them my babykiller guns. There are millions of these out on the market. Plenty to go around to all the gun nuts.

Congress is imploding as we speak so I wouldn't hold my breath for any new legislature...

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
All rifles are assault rifles. I don't care what action it uses. They are used to assault a person, animal or various other targets.

·
One Nut Fuck
347 Posts
Found this gem..... Think I was 10.... Full auto Uzi

And I didn't shoot anyone

Attachments

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
The Constitution and Bill of rights is to be protected and upheld.
Most Veterans including myself agree. After all we did swear to that oath and those who also gave all did as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts