True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I saw that thread a while back on tm.com, I now remove my bottles in the summertime if the car is going to be parked outside.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Holly shit!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Well, the safety disks are suppose to blow and relieve the nitrous at 3000psi but sometimes they fail and the bottle goes boom. I'd imagine it would take more than 10,000psi to burst a bottle maybe less depending on the age of the bottle.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
That flippin blows. Should've had the release valves. Or taken it out just in case they fail.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Those rupture disks can be machined too thick or even have a kink in them that could reinforce them where they won't blow out. Either way, it's insanely rare for that to happen.

Just remove the bottle or have redundant wiring setups to prevent this type of thing. Never wire your warmer to a constant hot!

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Good point. They send it with a relay for a reason!!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
I wonder how he explained that one to the insurance company!!? lol That sucks!

·
AKA hondaman
1,346 Posts
I was watching picks with my father in law the other day and they were heating up the bottle with a torce and he was like its going to blow up and I told him that there is no way it could happen lol guess I stand corrected!

G

·
I was watching picks with my father in law the other day and they were heating up the bottle with a torce and he was like its going to blow up and I told him that there is no way it could happen lol guess I stand corrected!
if you kept it on one place it might go or cause a weak spot on the bottle

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts