True Street Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
I really want this series to survive. I'm planning on building a new car to run the King of the Street class next year.
:secret: Then maybe I'll have someone to race for :money: ???

I had a blast at this No Bull. The heads up Arm drop win light racing is the most fun in my opinion!!

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Scott... I'd like to see a little more promotion out there for the shop. No offense, but that's important to me. I brought a car out two days ago that shouldn't have even been on the drag strip, pulled it with a suburban in order to bring as many family and friends out as I could, traveled more than 120 miles, and talked two other cars from here to race as well. It sucked to come home to people asking me why not a word was mentioned the entire night about Jaureguiberry's. Even a couple words over the PA would have made me content. I'm not upset, just saying.
I hear you Joseph. I was considering taking over the announcing side of No-Bull since I have experience doing that. I could really play it up. Part of the problem is that Harley, the announcer is racing and I am racing. I have considered not racing, but hell, I like to race. You have been where I am know and you know how difficult it can be. It isn't nearly as easy as it looks to pull one of these races off. Why did SOOO many cars come to AOCO and not No-Bull. I would guess promotion has something to do with it, but not everything. What hurt us this time was most of our bracket car guys weren't there either.

Thanks for the imput guys. We appreciate it.

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
My shitbox shouldve made this event. Too lazy to finish it. Ill be there racing 11.70 next race FOR SURE. I dont wanna watch this series die

·
.!..
3,251 Posts
same here vinny. I finished my car, but it would have been way too late to roll up to the track and enter the race. Plus the dark clouds kept me at bay lol

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I dont think anyone does Vinny. We wouldn't throw money at it otherwise.

·
.!..
3,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Fuck... my shit kept breaking and i kept trying to keep it going all night like it was a fucking pro stock car. In fact, I've never worked that hard on my own shit at the drag strip EVER... BUT STILL HAD A BLAST! Scott... some announcing or a mention on a flier would be great so I dont have to sport a big ass shop sticker on a little car I could use as a daily lol.

·
.!..
3,251 Posts
Ban using the brakes before the finish line, lol.
I agree with this.

I know my car well enough how to shift and where to keep me in the 12.50 et. I am going to try and play with a few things at the next TnT and see if I can jump to 11.70 with competitiveness.

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
That was the first time I was able to make it to a no bull event. I was surprised how little the turnout was. I agree we need to utilize all the free promo we can like facebook and all that shit. It was disappointing the timing system was not working but I got to run on a bigger jet knowing I could not get booted for no cage so that was nice. I had 7 people not including myself and will try and bring as many as I can. Although I did hurt the car on the fast pass so I hope my car will be able to make the next one.

·
.!..
3,251 Posts
However, as a request to the dragway, if the car count creeps up, is it possible to maybe get a reserved area, like on the west end around the lanes for us street cars in the NB shootout?

It can be an absolute nightmare with parking with people not racing taking up valuable space. I get some people bring trailers etc but you do see a lot of non-racers parking in that area and if we get the car count high it becomes a problem.

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
As for the guys crying about sandbagging, get over it. If the best your car has ever run is 4-5 tenths slower than the class your in then you are in the wrong class. Either get your car to run the number and make people breakout OR try and sandbag the class slower if you think it is so easy to do. I’m not trying to be a dick just being real.

·
Killing threads since 2011
1,126 Posts
To prevent sandbagging, maybe have referees at the back of the track, watching for ppl letting off the throttle, and have some qualifying rounds, like previously stated :shrug:

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
To prevent sandbagging, maybe have referees at the back of the track, watching for ppl letting off the throttle, and have some qualifying rounds, like previously stated :shrug:
This isn't pinks Rich, it is index racing...

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
We have tried that it was called NO BULL ALL OUT! It was fun but people still to around it and it started a shit storm. It was one hell of a event tho lol almost fist fights in the pits.
What we need is more bad blood and drama that's what gets the people to show up lol

41 - 60 of 93 Posts