True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the racers and spectators that came out to support No-Bull last Saturday night. We were forced to arm drop race due to an issue with the timing system, but we got the race off and most everyone had a good time.

The turnout was not as good as I would have liked to have seen, and I fear that the series my be in trouble if we aren't able to turn it around. The 13.50 cars showed up to represent. THANK YOU.

In the Solid Tech Performance King of the Street Class we had one single entry and the Yearwood Performance class drew only two cars. Lets face it guys, the sponsors, such as the Albuquerque Dragway, simply cannot put up $150.00 sponsorship money for a single entry. All payouts were paid, as advertised, however, I have been fearing a call from the track since we left Saturday night. The track cannot pay out $300.00 in sponsorship money ($150 for KOTS, and $50 each for 12.20, 11.70 and 12.50) with car counts as low as they have been.

SIMPLY PUT, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! If you can come out in your daily and run the 14.50 class, then please come out and race.

This is my favorite series for street cars. I would hate to see it go away. We need a good turnout for the last two races of the year.

August 24th and September 21st

Lets get our act together and mark our calendars now. We can BBQ like no other, do some racing, and have a good time!

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Considering I will be back in the states for the next one I am 100% going to try and make it.

Any other way to advertise?

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering I will be back in the states for the next one I am 100% going to try and make it.

Any other way to advertise?
I could use some help with fliers/posters. Maybe one design 8 1/2 X 11 for a flier in black and white and the same thing, only larger in color for a poster.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Scott... I'd like to see a little more promotion out there for the shop. No offense, but that's important to me. I brought a car out two days ago that shouldn't have even been on the drag strip, pulled it with a suburban in order to bring as many family and friends out as I could, traveled more than 120 miles, and talked two other cars from here to race as well. It sucked to come home to people asking me why not a word was mentioned the entire night about Jaureguiberry's. Even a couple words over the PA would have made me content. I'm not upset, just saying.

·
Faster than a speeding mustang
1,214 Posts
Didn't know I could run two classes!!!!

Will be there on AND off nitrous for the next No-bull :headbang:

Oh and plus 1 for the advertising. Radio pieces, flyers, news stories even lol the AOCO turn out was INSANE!! Why isn't the no-bull on the same level? What could change that?

·
I DID have tires...
2,933 Posts
I'll be there! I had a damn blast with the old fashioned arm drop heads up racing. Kinda wish we had more races like that. I'll help any way I can to support the No Bull. Just let me know what I can do

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I wonder if there is anyway to advertise on base, I know alot of the younger airman would probably have blast doing this.

·
Faster than a speeding mustang
1,214 Posts
I wonder if there is anyway to advertise on base, I know alot of the younger airman would probably have blast doing this.
Airmen? What about the.....Seamen.....????

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
زنجي الر
3,361 Posts
I am going to throw in my two cents here, and see if it helps convince anyone to go.

Recently, after watching tons of 1/8 mile racing stuff, I have wanted to build a race car. I would like to go for a heads up class, however, even some of the slower straight heads up classes require quite a bit of dough in order to get competitive with it. The way I see it, it is because there is no break out time. If you need to spend 10k to go .1 seconds faster in the 1/8, someone has already spent 20k in order to go .15 seconds faster than you.

If you want to race heads up, and do it on a budget, index racing is the way to go. It sucks the last time out there were arm drop only, so there was no break out. However, if you consider that the index is the absolute fastest you are allowed to go without breaking out, not only are you racing the guy next to you, but you are also trying not to go too fast. Dial in your car to run that index and run it consistently, and you will start walking away with cash.

Series like the no bull cannot be found everywhere. I tried looking for something like it out here, and it just isn't going to happen. However, I know Bitch Joe had his tin can of a stock block turbo fox body, and won a no-bull with it. Why? Because that thing would run low 10s damn near every time he got on the line (this was when there was a 10.0 index, not a 10.2).

And considering how many different indexes there are, you could pick up a cheap ass mustang, pull a fuckload of weight out of it, and run the 13.50 or 14.50 classes. Or an F-Body, or whatever makes you happy to race.

What I am getting at, is I have yet to see a better/cheaper way to race heads up then in the No-Bull series.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
The series lacks promotion. Plain and simple. I understand that it's hard for Scott to do it being so far away. But, next year, plan to use ALL sponsor money for promotion only. With hella promotion, the prize money will increase due to car count.

·
Its just LOUD
739 Posts
The GTO brothas will be out there again for sure!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My take from watching from the stands is a lot of people are like ...WTF? Why are they putting the brakes on....Why are they getting out of the gas, why aren't they racing?

It sounds cool..."No Bull"...but from a spectator point of view, it's BULL SHIT!
As a racer, it cracks me up to watch all the 11 second cars...cars that beat me (11.65) entered in the 12.50 or even slower class. I know you all say it's hard to slow down , but really? no REALLY? I had to build a 408 to go from a mid 12 to mid 11...That's hard in my book, not damn near stopping at the finish line.

IMO, the format is doomed. Except for the few really fast cars watching it is painful. Figure out how to make all cars run it all out.

So there ya go...End of Rant. :eek:ldman:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My take from watching from the stands is a lot of people are like ...WTF? Why are they putting the brakes on....Why are they getting out of the gas, why aren't they racing?

It sounds cool..."No Bull"...but from a spectator point of view, it's BULL SHIT!
As a racer, it cracks me up to watch all the 11 second cars...cars that beat me (11.65) entered in the 12.50 or even slower class. I know you all say it's hard to slow down , but really? no REALLY? I had to build a 408 to go from a mid 12 to mid 11...That's hard in my book, not damn near stopping at the finish line.

IMO, the format is doomed. Except for the few really fast cars watching it is painful. Figure out how to make all cars run it all out.

So there ya go...End of Rant. :eek:ldman:
Sadly its hard to get away from sandbagging. It pisses me off also, but its at the point where you need to do that to win. Every class is that way unless you are in the fastest class.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts