True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had fun tonight hanging out with everyone and getting my laughs in for the night.

However...

I am very displeased with the results of tonight's 10.0 Race class.

Sean worked hard to get his car into the No Bull Shootout, he gave that car everything it had. Sean went [email protected]135, 1.5 60'...107 1/8, his opponent in the Black Turbo Fox Mustang went [email protected]119 1.4 60'...111 1/8.

How does a car that trapped 4mph faster than Sean only pick-up 8mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 where as Sean picked up almost 30?

Sandbagging would be the only answer.

The rules clearly state "No Sandbagging" or your DQ'd. However this did not happen and the trophy/award was given to the owner of the Fox. :bs:

I clearly saw what happened, that's why I think Sean won that class hands down. Congrats Sean on doing as the rules stated, and pushing that car "All-Out" He did not bring a 9sec car to a 10sec race, he brought a 10sec car to a 10sec race.

Also Congratulations to Josef Jaureguiberry for winning the 10.0 Street Class, that fucking car can move! Goodluck with fixing the motor, I hope its an easy fix.

As for future No Bull Shootouts, the rules need to be enforced as stated.

And tonight's memorable moment would be "Get your dog out of here..."

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree 100% chris. My uncle and I did not understand that at all the fox lifted and did not get DQ that was BS. How does a 119 mph car beat a 135 mph car by only .06 sec. Its not mathmatically possible, well fuck i guess it is, it happened. FUck it you did a hell of a job sean and that car of yours is a fuckin bad ass but have to say that call was BS.

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Yea, the Stang obviously lifted. Unfortunetly the spotters did not see it that way. Not sure why though. Of course Sean was passing the stang right at the trap and Sean's car IS load, but even still, the trap speed tells all.

Do not kill Jerry over this though. Jerry spoke with the spotters and went off of their word. Wrong or right won't change the decision.

Sean made a great pass and deserves the credit! Sean should be (as I know he is) very happy with the performance of his car and his driving skills.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Oh well, at least your very consistent on your times. I still congratulate you, running low 10s on a street car is impressive, even at elevation.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
First of all Kudos to Sean for a great pass and I am guessing he ran both classes. Awesome.

I wouldn't say it is mathematically impossible. Some cars accelerate more in the begining and not much at all in the top end. Was anyone at a place where they could see this lift & pedal action. Is this Fox turbocharged, NOS, SUpercharged or N/A? A N/A car could easily only pick up 9 at the back 1/2. Mine does. Sometimes less. I'm not saying he didn't lift, I'm just saying.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
That is one more bad thing about the arm drop. We have no reaction times. If we did. We would have a better ideea.

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
First of all Kudos to Sean for a great pass and I am guessing he ran both classes. Awesome.

I wouldn't say it is mathematically impossible. Some cars accelerate more in the begining and not much at all in the top end. Was anyone at a place where they could see this lift & pedal action. Is this Fox turbocharged, NOS, SUpercharged or N/A? A N/A car could easily only pick up 9 at the back 1/2. Mine does. Sometimes less. I'm not saying he didn't lift, I'm just saying.
It is a turbo car. The Launch was about even. Just after the 60' you could hear the turbo spool and the stang got about a 1 1/2 car jump. Just before the trap, Sean had made up the distance and passed this guy like he slammed on the brakes.

My though, the stang was riding the brakes while in the throttle. Yea, no brake lights, but that is EASY to over come. lol

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
You only have to let off for a few fractions of a second to lose big big mph and your ET will not suffer as much. Perhaps the car is a 9.98-10.05 car and he didn't wanna risk it, feeling he was on a very good pass?

Did anybody see any of the car's previous runs to be able to make a judgement? How do they compare?

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
The car has gone 9.4x's at over 145. I am very disappointed in the decision, it was clearly sandbagging. I passed him like he was in reverse right at the traps, that doesn't happen with a turbo car unless he lifted. The rules clearly state that if you lift, your DQ'd. The spotters are fucking blind. He went [email protected] in the 1/8! And picked up a blistering 8mph on the top end, FUCKING SANDBAGGING!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I really don't know if I'll go back to another All Bull event, oh I mean No Bull.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
TRMIN8R.... You'll get it done. both you and your car are a class-act. It's been a while since I ran for the money and there is no doubt that you're one of the coolest guys to race in ABQ. You're a fucking legend for Christ sake. Everyone was dissapointed when I edged you out after the pass we made. "I can't believe TRMIN8R lost dude!!!" "That's the sickest car in ABQ!". Nothing was heard like that for anyone else. You did a danm fine job last night and it felt cool telling people we were friends. Fuckin-A right Termy.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
What did the Fox go earlier in the night? Just wanting to know how far off his other passes were if he was sandbagging.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
10.00. At about 112.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
LoL Couldn't the dude just turned the boost down a little instead of doing that?

What a terard.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
It was clearly a 9 second car, but it's not fast enough to run the 9 second class cause it won't go low 9's. So instead he chose to sandbag, and the track officials we ok with that I guess, even after preaching and preaching at the drivers meeting that sandbagging would not be allowed.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Another thing that I thought was funny, those guys were complaining because Jerry would not allow them to run in both the 9 sec class and the 10 sec class. Fucking idiots.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The car has gone 9.4x's at over 145. I am very disappointed in the decision, it was clearly sandbagging. I passed him like he was in reverse right at the traps, that doesn't happen with a turbo car unless he lifted. The rules clearly state that if you lift, your DQ'd. The spotters are fucking blind. He went [email protected] in the 1/8! And picked up a blistering 8mph on the top end, FUCKING SANDBAGGING!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I really don't know if I'll go back to another All Bull event, oh I mean No Bull.
Sand Bagging for sure.

G

·
Another thing that I thought was funny, those guys were complaining because Jerry would not allow them to run in both the 9 sec class and the 10 sec class. Fucking idiots.
GET YOUR DOG OUTA HERE YOU GOT NO BUSINES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts