True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested parties are encouraged to attend a meeting for the No-Bull race series at Yearwood Performance on Sunday February 15 at 1:00 PM. Be sure to come out and voice your opinion regarding rules, classes, whatever.

10.0 Street Class FTW!!!!

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Ill show maybe the 12sec class will be as good as it was last year...

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I'll be there and i'm expecting bday cake!! Are you going to run your 8 second car in the 10.0 class Scott>?:pee:

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I'll be there...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey guys... Finally got up the balls to join the site. Nice job over here. Good to see that there is still a big interest in quick cars.

The reason for my post is that we really need to get all of you together for the No Bull meeting. We know we had some issues last year and we want this year to go a little better. I posted this message over on RSW and thought I should post it here as well.

POSTED AT RSW:

Guys... this is why attending the meeting is so important....

1. This internet thing is not working as well as it use to.

2. The only way we can change the rules from 2008 is if we feel that they need changing.

3. Some of you liked the hands drop and some did not. We will go with the majority of those who attend the meeting. If you don't attend then you don't have a vote....

4. We are thinking about running the 10 second cars all together. Good or Bad?????

4. Do we keep the classes like they are or do we add some, maybe drop some???????

5. We would like to put together a BIG street car deal... and we want some of your ideas as to how we can get some out of towners to attend.

These are only a few reasons for you to attend. Neither Robert, Mike, Bill or myself own a quick street car. We need your ideas as to how to make it better.

We need the import guys to be part of this too.

Hope to see a full house....

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I think the arm drop thing is fine or not. The main problem I heard was it was hard to see the guy, maybe put a flood light on him?

Definitely have one person on a camera to video the start if arm drop is there for disputes on jumping.

Less classes is going to have better attendance and better racing. Too many makes it confusing for the spectators and not as much action.

My online suggestion would be outlaw of some type.

10 sec no bull

12 sec run whatever

14 sec whatever

I have seen the best turnouts with those style and few classes.

The Outlaw and no bull classes are what the spectators line up for. Seems the prime window of spectator time is 7-10 pm ish, I would shoot to try and have the eliminations hitting hard and fast around those time is at possible.

To bring out the non locals, well, only way i know is money, sex, and/or fame.

As for the FWD's/Imports, since there are so few and far between they definitely need special rules. Maybe let them run anything in any class (FWD's/AWD's i am talking about). If a Honda Ran a 10.0 and drove there on open exhaust and slicks I think the no bull guys would not have a problem with that, Although there have only been a couple of awd/fwd's at ABQ dragway that have even come close to that.

For Outlaw, well outlaw is outlaw maybe make it a gas/door car and run what you brung.

For the 10 sec race car guys they need to get a muffler tires and registration.

12 sec cars 12.0 is the only rule that has always worked great.

14 sec cars this class is a toss up, maybe a 13.0 class instead? 13.0 being the only rule

the 9 sec class last season was small and the outlaw class was just about nonexistant. Some of the 9 sec guys could have outrun some of the outlaw cars being race cars are a pain in the ass and don't always perform or hook.

A big focus needs to be paid on the way NHRA breaks up the ET's-I.E. Don't make a class with 8.50 cert'd cars and licensed drivers a 9.0 class. 10.0 is the break point for a 6 point and most "street" car owners. 8.50 is the break point for 10 point cars. Of course most race guys know all of this, I am simply saying try to make classes that tailor to the E.T. safety breaks as per NHRA If these rules are going to be followed and enforced.

Well I guess that's the end of my babbling. See you guys in a few weeks.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I would not really like to see 10.0 "race" cars running against 10.0 "Street" cars personally. Reason being that No-Bull has always been about the mandatory drive to the track. It should be all about real street cars driving to the track and then running heads up. If we let any ole 10 second car run this class and the drive optional then we have really taken a lot away from No-Bull (in my opinion anyway). I would like to see more emphasis placed on the street aspect. For example, it should be announced over and over that this class drove to the track and are steet cars, etc. Building a 10 second car can be challenging. Building a 10 second car that can be driven to the track, well that is a WHOLE different story.

As far as 11.0, 12.0, 13.0 whatever, who cares if they drive to the track. Make it optional for them. But the 10.0 class should still be about trying to make a street car run heads up on a 10.0 index. Its not easy to do.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
The 10.0 Street Class and outlaw class are what makes NO BULL in my opinion. Not saying that anyone is talking about doing away with the 10 second street class but if it does disappear then my interest in no bull will be gone and I won't participate.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think that is the question, but maybe combining 10.0 street and 10.0 race. Those of us who oppose that idea will make our voices heard in the meeting and hopefully we will prevail.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I don't see a problem combining the two 10.0 classes. If the race cars are on dot's, have mufflers at the rear axle, and make the drive, I think that qualifies them as a no bull 10 sec class car by the rules. If you are talking about just making the two classes 10 sec run what you brung and the drive is not mandatory the name and the series needs to be changed to Gambler or Trophy classes.

I have been to every swsscs/no bull type of "street car" race since they started in '04, either as a spectator or a racer. What has seemed to have the best turnout, spectator and entrant wise were 3 races spread out over the season and 4 classes. Outlaw, 10, 12, 14. I think the formulas is simple and already in place. I think the problem is with people trying to accommodate others who have a complaint or want a specific class so they cam participate. The only time the rules need to be revised are for safety reasons. The basic setup is clean, easy, cheap to participate.

My suggestion for growing the event was to take the entrance money from the 12, and 14 sec classes and give that to the outlaw, no bull cars. Give the 12/14 sec guys trophies. When the big dogs come out to play everybody wants to watch, whether it be jet cars on 4th of July, or Kennan VS Sherbring (sorry for sp if i am off) outlaw final, ice skatin down the dusty ol Alb 1320.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with both of you. Beleive me when I say, we are NOT trying to get rid of the 10.0 street class. If anything we want it to get bigger and bigger and ... well you get the picture.

The only reason that I bring up combining street and strip is we have not been getting very many 10.0 street cars to run No Bull. We thought that by combining them it would bring you guys a bigger purse. If that is not the case then we won't go there. Again, we want your input and if that is what you guys want then we will do it. This will be brought up at the meeting for a vote....

Scott - when I was announcing I talked the shit out of the drive 10.0 second class. I did not attend the last No Bull so I don't know how much the announcer talked it up. I am going to disagree with one of your commits. I think having 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 second cars driving to the track in a big group is still cool. When you see a bunch of street cars cruzin to the track that is going to get some attention.

Sean - Thank for your suggestions. We are looking at them and will discuss them at the meeting.

I don't know how many Outlaw cars are going to run No Bull... IMO the Outlaw class needs to get back to the small tire deal. My friends are not going to like me for saying this but oh well.... I think when the Big tire cars started running Outlaw it took away from the show. My feelings are we need to limit the outlaw class to 10.5 tires and let the Big tire guys run in the R.O.D.S program. We have some really quick 10.5 cars around here and I would like to see them running at our track again.

How does everyone feel about the hands drop? Good... Bad... Who Cares....

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn't very clear. I actually would love to see everyone participate in the drive to the track (everyone that can legally anyway). I didn't mean to sound like I didn't want them to participate. I wish we had many many more cars on the cruise to the track. I was simply making the point that the 10.0 car should HAVE to make the drive. If the other (bracket) cars can't make the drive in the 11.0 12.0 etc. then that is okay too. I would guess most 10.0 steet guys would forego the bigger purse to keep it a street class.

Armdrop = who cares. Go back to the Pro tree (but either way I'll participate).

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I preferred the instant green over the arm drop personally. No yellows, no pro tree, just stage then the green hits whenever. Arm drop is ok too but I think the instant green provides a lot more tension and excitement for the drivers.

Possibly offering a discount on entrance fee for early sign up and a discount for making the driver with the no bull cars would bring more cars to make the drive.

Take your target entry fee and add 5 or 10 dellars to it for each the early entry and teh drive.

EX-entry fee target 25.00 per driver/car

+5 for early entry
+5 for making the no bull drive

now we have a 35.00 entry fee target we can give 10.00 discounts on and still get the original entry fee. Just advertise it as the new entry fee and offer the discounts.

Just some more ideas to throw out there to make revenue to bring the outlaw guys out.

I agree 100% about the outlaw 10.5 stuff. I do not get out to the track much anymore on the dragster/jet car days. I have seen them and they are cool but to be honest I would never miss a good local Joe vs. Groves (or insert any local turbo 10.5 car) no bull shootout. The days of 5 or 6 outlaw cars and 60-80 no bull, 11 ,and 12 sec cars was fun.

I am working to help contribute with my own cars this year. Spectating really sucks when you could be driving lol.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I can definitely tell you i'll be making this February 15th meeting. I like the arm drop but I think the start should be filmed and up for review. Good video doesn't lie so there will be no dispute. I don't agree with combining the 10 second cars that get trailered to the track with the 10 second cars that are street legal and drive to the track.

The drive to the track is my favorite part and the more cars that attend it the better..

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
I'll be at the meeting, 10.0 street shouldn't be combined with the trailered cars if you ask me. Like Scott said, its a lot harder to build a street car that runs low 10's than a race car.

Also, the more the merrier on the street cruise to the track, that's one of the coolest parts.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts