Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scott suggested I post a poll, so here it is.

What do you think of "let it eat" during the final round eliminations for the 11.7 and slower cars. The rule/allowance is simple:

Give it all you have for the final race and whomever finishes first, wins. No worries of sandbagging, breaking out, etc.

I think this would add a nice dynamic, as you still need to skillfully sandbag or race within that .1-.2 during the previous rounds. As soon as the final race happens, the faster car or driver of the index takes it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've only raced No Bull once, but I've watched it numerous times. What I see are guys who can can 11's in the 12.50 class etc...I think this would only encourage that.

·
Hi my name is
3,873 Posts
I vote no. Lets think about the slowpoke class for an example. The truck with the wheelie bars and tires the size of most people's cars seems to win that division a lot. If he could go all out in the final round that would really discourage anyone from entering.

I have personally broken out in every nobull I entered but still think you should have to stay within your bracket. I'm really hoping to see much more cars this year than last. There was one race last year where I got into the finals without even racing anyone due to the lack of cars. That race I went up against Ron Rios in a car that was much faster than mine. He took off and had me by 6 cars right off the bat. He then slammed on the brakes and waited for me at the line. I broke out and he crossed after me. With a breakout rule I wouldn't have had any chance.

My .02

·
Makes them go topless
2,955 Posts
. Lets think about the slowpoke class for an example. The truck with the wheelie bars and tires the size of most people's cars seems to win that division a lot.
Fuck that truck :banghead:

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, what about just the 11 second class, like AOCO?

I agree that it may make no sense for the slower classes and just encourages more sandbagging. But, how would you feel about implementing this for just the 11.7 class? I believe AOCO ran/runs it this way? According to the rules posted, there is/was a "let it eat" for the 11.5 class, but not the slower ones.

If you're a low 11 second car then you have no choice but to enter the 11.7 class and sandbag nearly a second. I say whatever 2 cars make it to the final race should be decided upon who is faster, not who has the most skill sandbagging.

Anywho, just a suggestion...lets discuss some more. I believe Scott is willing to implement this if there is enough interest.

·
Hi my name is
3,873 Posts
Personally I just want to see the series big next year. Win, Lose, it doesn't matter to me.

Now Both Expat and I have already said we really want to get into the 10's this year. Lets say we are out on TNT the day before and are somehow get our 10.9's. The next day we enter into the 11.7 class and people who were going to enter decide not to as they know they don't have a chance in the final round...... That would be very counter productive.

I am just one of many however :beer:

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
I don't think it is the best idea for the 11.7 class. I myself will be trying to set my car up on motor to run in this class. If I made it to the final all I would need to do is throw the 150 or 200 jets in and my car would be quite a bit faster. I think if you want to run faster then run the 10.20 class.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Don't forget, some of the classes in the AOCO will be changed and some added.

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
Also the 11.7 class is there for the guys that don't want to cage their car. If you had someone make the final a couple times and pull a 10.9x they would be kicked off the track for that day and maybe not allowed to run at the track anymore. They surely couldn't enter the next event if this happened twice.

The AOCO is one event so it wouldn't keep you from entering the next if you ran under 11.49

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
You're not going to get rid of sandbaggers, although, it's much harder then it looks.

I'm with Dan, I'd just turn my car up for the finale...............like I'd ever get that far.

·
NO FUCKS GIVEN!
3,402 Posts
I fully support No Bull, and will probably race in a few! :headbang:

BUT!! No Bull needs to name their classes different if they are the same as AOCO.

There will just be confusion between races and rules down the line.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am not a fan of the idea. Takes the driving skill out of the final race and the guy with the fastest car wins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts