True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FRIDAY

So Friday night we went out the the Albuquerque Dragway to test and tune in preperation for the Saturday night No-Bull All Out race. I tuned the Vega very conservative due to the bottom end of the engine being completely stock. The Vega ran 10.5X @ 125.9X with a 1.50 sixty foot time. I thought that MIGHT be eough for the 10.0 street class so what the hell.

SATURDAY

So on Saturday we all meet at Yearwood Performance on Eubank and the cruise to the track went very well. It was a blast. I decided not to make any time trial runs and waited around for the 1st round. Trmn8er went 10.0 and I believe I saw Badnews run a 10.3X. The Finchstang ran some 10.4X passes and the Tiger ran 11.3X.

ROUND 1

I draw Badnews for the 1st round. Finchstang gets a bye run (rookie luck) and Trmn8er draws the Tiger. So here we go on round 1. I do a good burnout, purge the nitrous and I am ready to go. Or am I? The Vega launches from the line and rips a blistering 1.89 60 foot time. About this time I am thinking, geee, something just doesn't seem right. By this time Badnews is LONG GONE!! The Vega seems to be running unusually slow. I look down and notice I FORGOT TO TURN ON THE NITROUS!!
DUMB ASS!!!! Just before the 8th mile I flip the switch and run some 11.8X or something. I lose. EPIC FAIL.

RUN IT AGAIN

So I decide I MUST make another pass, just to try to save face. I pull back into the lanes and this time, I run a 10.5X at 125.9X. It is amazing what happens when you actually use the nitrous all the way down the track.

THE WORSE PART

The 10.5X pass was BY FAR faster than ANY single pass in the 10.0 Street Class rounds of eliminations. In the final round both cars went 11.1X. Shoulda Coulda Woulda.. blah blah blah.

Anyway that is my EPIC FAIL story. I LOSE.

RESULTS

Finchstang gets the Bye run in round 1.
TRMN8R beats the Twin Turbo Tiger in round 1 but hurt the motor and didn;t make it to round 2.

FINAL

Finchstang Vs. BADNEWS in the Final. Finchstang wins with a 11.1X to a BADNEWS 11.1X.

Congrats to John the Finchstang (even though he cheatedrunning no mufflers )
Don't forget who helped you out all night with a generator

EDIT: Feel Free to laugh I did!!!!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
It was a great evening. My first No Bull and thanks to a little luck (ok alot of luck) I went home with first place in the 10.0 street class. I have quite a bit of work to do before the next No Bull but I can't wait for it!!

Major thanks to Scott (prostreetvega) for letting me charge up the battery and thanks to bitch Cisco for letting me borrow a fire jacket.

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
I was really surprised how fast your Stang was Joe.

Once you get some gears worth a shit in that rearend you should dip into the 9's.

oh and Scott, on your first pass, when you hit the nitrous it sounded like you hit VTEC LOL. Car looked good though on the pass after.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Congrats to Joe, you're glad I talked you into racing now huh? It was fun, can't wait til next year. My motor is definitely fucked, but it will be better than before when it comes back out.

·
زنجي الر
3,361 Posts
Congrats Joe. You drove the piss outta the car on that last run. It was a hell of a site to watch!

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
congrats joe. Oh and TRMIN8R sorry about the car man but you know im more than willing to help get it up and running no matter what it takes. im a working class black man lol:woowoo:

·
AKA hondaman
1,346 Posts
Good job Joe looks like you gave them some turtle \ rabbit ownage!

lol good job buddy looks like everybody had a good time.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Thanks everyone. I couldn't be any more pumped about last nights events. It was sad to watch Termin8rs Camero leave the track on a trailer but I bet it will be fast enough to compete in the 9 second class when it comes back and I'm sure Sean will still drive that bitch to the track.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
WTF? What Happened to your motor Sean?!!!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Aw fuck man, those brand new Diamond Forged racing Pistons?! How??

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Congrats! All in good fun.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Dang man, too bad. That really blows...

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
and hippies suck

·
584 Posts
My car also left on a trailer as well that night. Split the drivers head at #7

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please, nobody take this the wrong way. I was feeling pretty bad about being a dumb ass and forgetting to arm the nitrous, but after reading about all the carnage, I don't feel as bad, it could always be worse. Sorry to hear it guys.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts