True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Those calibrations vary quite a bit from the one I use, for example, I use a multi- carb Cheater system {NOS} my jets are N20 .033 / Fuel .037, for a 100hp shot 131hp actual hp, this chart shows a .029 fuel jet for a 98 hp gain, it would be somewhat higher through my blower, but pretty interesting just the same, I know NOS factors in a small safety factor on the fuel side,maybe thats what I'm seeing.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Wow. I always put the same jet in both. I thought that is how it worked. Maybe that is why it always seemed rich. I wonder how fast I could go if I lean it out.

I am kidding, of course. I knew a guy that ran 5 PSI of fuel pressure and 950 bottle pressure and did this all the time. He thought .050 meant 50 HP. If you run the numbers, the jetting is actually pretty close (single jet system). HP - not so much.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I tried the first one, no matter what you set the bottle pressure at the predicted hp remains the same.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I tried the first one, no matter what you set the bottle pressure at the predicted hp remains the same.
According to that calculator, my .037 fuel jet would need 3psi of fuel pressure !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts