True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who haven't seen channel 13 report on racing. We continually get bad press. Or are associated with those who are not us or even racing. Just accidents ...
see video. Those are not race cars..
Thttp://youtu.be/tn_TDieDANg
the news asked me what a proper race away from town looks like!?
I need help!
Anyone down to show a proper race would be greatly appreciated. Your face and tags wil be blurred if used for the article.
we'll be at old Mexico Canada.
I fear if I fail.. true street cars will become true uber cars
My grandpa raced, my dad raced, and I raced if I don't protect it I may be the last generation.
I don't care for the juniors for the most part but we all started somewhere.
This Saturday. Call it pre tx2k prep

·
Registered
706 Posts
we don't street race ! :eek:ldman:

Reactions: Mutt

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
How is the scene out there anymore. Hop on here once in a while, seems slow. Big thing I miss is AOCO

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't think showing where people go to race is a good idea. Don't take the news to Mexico!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't think showing where people go to race is a good idea. Don't take the news to Mexico!
I agree. Do this on 4th Street so the mayors office can see from their windows what responsible racing looks like.

·
One Nut Fuck
347 Posts
:-hp:

Reactions: LIL GT

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
For those of you who haven't seen channel 13 report on racing. We continually get bad press. Or are associated with those who are not us or even racing. Just accidents ...
see video. Those are not race cars..
Thttp://youtu.be/tn_TDieDANg
the news asked me what a proper race away from town looks like!?
I need help!
Anyone down to show a proper race would be greatly appreciated. Your face and tags wil be blurred if used for the article.
we'll be at old Mexico Canada.
I fear if I fail.. true street cars will become true uber cars
My grandpa raced, my dad raced, and I raced if I don't protect it I may be the last generation.
I don't care for the juniors for the most part but we all started somewhere.
This Saturday. Call it pre tx2k prep
ABQ dragway is open this weekend.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are no real racers in New Mexico.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my mind, I see it going down like this. The film crew can't actually set up and be present during an illegal activity, documenting said activity without technically becoming an accomplice. I would imagine they would get the necessary permits to film such an activity, and then it would be like any structured closed course film set and can be done anywhere, although likely on a low use road in the out skirts.

As far as Racer character portrayal, I would focus on the mutual respect between racers, the sense of community between automotive enthusiasts and of course emphasis on the machines.

If it starts turning into butt hurt ego's, trash talking and kids thinking they're long in the pants because their ride flashes neon

Like this:

There are no real racers in New Mexico.
Go away ****** lol
Keep talking shit in that 14 second car lol
It will get real ugly really quick

But that's just how I see it.

·
StreetRacingSouth
2,972 Posts
In my mind, I see it going down like this. The film crew can't actually set up and be present during an illegal activity, documenting said activity without technically becoming an accomplice. I would imagine they would get the necessary permits to film such an activity, and then it would be like any structured closed course film set and can be done anywhere, although likely on a low use road in the out skirts.

As far as Racer character portrayal, I would focus on the mutual respect between racers, the sense of community between automotive enthusiasts and of course emphasis on the machines.

If it starts turning into butt hurt ego's, trash talking and kids thinking they're long in the pants because their ride flashes neon

Like this:

It will get real ugly really quick

But that's just how I see it.
You too ****** :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts