True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran the car last night after a few changes. Previous best on motor was an 11.63 @115 on a nitrous tune. Removed the front and rear bumper supports since I rarely drive the car anymore and had my mechanic give me a motor tune. I can't spray anymore until I get the roll bar installed so I figured I'd concentrate on motor.

First pass was an 11.55 @115
Second pass was an 11.47 @116

Track officials made a little trip to let me know that was my last pass until I get the proper safety equipment...on motor or nitrous. Never thought I'd be happy to be sidelined at the track but an 11.4 has been my "motor" goal since I did the heads and cam.

I just had to toot my own horn a little bit since that motor pass was a long time in the making. The 100 shot should net me a solid 10 second pass and I'll be looking to get some 28" Hoosier QTP's to try the 150 which will hopefully have me in low 10's.

G

·
Ran the car last night after a few changes. Previous best on motor was an 11.63 @115 on a nitrous tune. Removed the front and rear bumper supports since I rarely drive the car anymore and had my mechanic give me a motor tune. I can't spray anymore until I get the roll bar installed so I figured I'd concentrate on motor.

First pass was an 11.55 @115
Second pass was an 11.47 @116

Track officials made a little trip to let me know that was my last pass until I get the proper safety equipment...on motor or nitrous. Never thought I'd be happy to be sidelined at the track but an 11.4 has been my "motor" goal since I did the heads and cam.

I just had to toot my own horn a little bit since that motor pass was a long time in the making. The 100 shot should net me a solid 10 second pass and I'll be looking to get some 28" Hoosier QTP's to try the 150 which will hopefully have me in low 10's.
damn thats scooting!!!!! what were your 60' times on your runs? Also what is the elevation at the track you run at?

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Wow what tracks are open in January? It must have negative DA!! haha

Congrats on the all-motor times, the 100shot doesnt show much improvement but with sticky tires you'll get there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow what tracks are open in January? It must have negative DA!! haha

Congrats on the all-motor times, the 100shot doesnt show much improvement but with sticky tires you'll get there.
Actually, the 11.2 on spray was when I was running 11.6's on motor. I haven't sprayed in about 2 months.

I have no clue what the elevation is here but I would have to estimate it to be damn near sea level. Our track is open all year round because of our mild winters. Even when the good cold fronts come though we don't usually see anything lower than 40 degrees. Last night it was about 65 degrees at the track. But our summers suck ass! Almost every day in the low 100's and about 80+ percent humidity. I can easily lose about half a second in the summer months.

What is "DA"? I'm assuming something to do with altitude?

G

·
Actually, the 11.2 on spray was when I was running 11.6's on motor. I haven't sprayed in about 2 months.

I have no clue what the elevation is here but I would have to estimate it to be damn near sea level. Our track is open all year round because of our mild winters. Even when the good cold fronts come though we don't usually see anything lower than 40 degrees. Last night it was about 65 degrees at the track. But our summers suck ass! Almost every day in the low 100's and about 80+ percent humidity. I can easily lose about half a second in the summer months.

What is "DA"? I'm assuming something to do with altitude?
DA is density altitude. I have ran in DA that has been as high as 8800' and as low as 4800' i personally don't think the DA will make that big of a difference, I think it has more to do with the altitude of the track more than anything. Because i have never really picked up much MPH or had a much better ET mostly in the hundredths of seconds and at most a half a MPH and, I have made over 300 passes last season from the hottest days to the coolest never really made a difference.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
nice times man. What heads / cam are you running?

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Congrats BOP...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts