True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back at the last No Bull I hurt the motor in the Camaro. We tore it all apart and found 3 broken pistons, trashed block, 3 broken valves, and the combustion chambers in the heads were pitted.

The heads are all fixed up now. I'm looking for a stock bore iron block to put my crank and rods in. I'll be ordering some Wiseco dished pistons as well. I'll be going with a Solid-Tech turbo kit with the PT88 turbo, and the biggest fucking front mount that'll fit. The stereo/sub are going back in as well as a full exhaust. Probably gonna get some Torque Thrust II's with MT DR's for the street too.

I'll update the thread with pics as soon as I get some.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Shit ya!... :driving:

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Woot woot!!! This is gonna be fun!

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoping for low 9's up here, don't really care about the power but a 1000RWHP dyno sheet would be cool to have :woowoo:

There's a lot of small things I'm gonna do as well, like powder coating all the piping/turbo, valve covers, and having the intake airbrushed. Should be pretty sweet when it's done.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Good luck Sean. If you need a cam I 've got a new one spec'd for a turbo application by FMS. I NEED INJECTORS !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

-Tim

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Oh shit that thing is gonna be fucken stupid fast !!!!! Good luck with the build Sean can't wait to see the camaro in action !!!

·
Ah kitty kitty
2,192 Posts
What caused the motor to let go...Good luck on the build.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My fault the motor went, I was on pump gas. Live and learn.

Hey Tim, what are the specs on your cam?

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Cam specs are 236/230 dur. .595/.595 lift on a 114 lsa. The card is somewhere in my file cabinet. I wanted to go Procharger again at first so this wasn't installed in case you were wondering.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Good luck Sean.. Can't wait to see the new set-up running..

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
good luck homie..

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
+1 on the solid tech kit...its just somethin about those white camaros. i should hopefully be starting on my build around the beginning of february.:headbang:

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
^...Do it man, do it. Boost on that kit hits like the 150 shot I had but keeps on going up top (6k+). Umm, so I've heard lol.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
lol i dont have a good enough reason not to...at least not yet

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Good luck with the build Sean, it should be a BEAST when its done. Legit low-9 sec street car FTW!!

·
Resident Retard
5,506 Posts
+1 on the solid tech kit...its just somethin about those white camaros. i should hopefully be starting on my build around the beginning of february.:headbang:
Yep... somethin about them white camaros... except for yours... JK JK Greyskull. Love ya buddy!

1 - 20 of 231 Posts