True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got a new best time on the bike last night, also got a new best 60' I went [email protected] with a 1.60 60'.
I think its time to start modding the bike and get this over sized scooter in the 9s by the end of the year

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
WEAK I went faster than that in a car!!!:ciappa: haha you are really getting that thing moving. Hopefully we can get in another run sometime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WEAK I went faster than that in a car!!!:ciappa: haha you are really getting that thing moving. Hopefully we can get in another run sometime.
ya your car is a beast for a stock block car it has a 9 in it for sure, and the runs we had were good ones to bad we couldn't start at slower speeds

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
next time we do it we'll start slower and I won't run out of gear at 126mph. My gears SUCK!!!

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Havent you trapped higher than 131? Not bad at all for the MPH but I thought you were at like 136ish. Are you still stock? Is that your bike in your avatar with the stretch on it? I never seen it in person...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Havent you trapped higher than 131? Not bad at all for the MPH but I thought you were at like 136ish. Are you still stock? Is that your bike in your avatar with the stretch on it? I never seen it in person...
my best trap is a 135 but that was with a lot of wind it usually does 130-132 depending on the night
No that's not my bike i have not had anyone take some good pics of my bike yet so i found a bike that's set up similar. my stretch is only 2.5'' over stock also is lowered in the rear about 1'' i also strap down for the track and -1 +2 gearing i have not added any power to my bike yet
I had it dynoed about a month ago and it only put down 152hp so its down on power about 10-12 hp i also weigh 204 with my jacket and helmet

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
my best trap is a 135 but that was with a lot of wind it usually does 130-132 depending on the night
No that's not my bike i have not had anyone take some good pics of my bike yet so i found a bike that's set up similar. my stretch is only 2.5'' over stock also is lowered in the rear about 1'' i also strap down for the track and -1 +2 gearing i have not added any power to my bike yet
I had it dynoed about a month ago and it only put down 152hp so its down on power about 10-12 hp i also weigh 204 with my jacket and helmet
Why do you think its down on power? WHat do other ZX14s put down at that dyno?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why do you think its down on power? WHat do other ZX14s put down at that dyno?
not sure on that dyno but zx14s put down 10-12 more hp than the stock 1st gen busa's and i dynoed about 5 min after a stock 1st gen he did 150hp we put mine up there and it did 150hp than we messed with tire pressure and got 2 hp out of it

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A stock 06-07 ZX14 should make at least 10hp and 6ft.lbs Tq over a Gen 1 Busa on any dyno. Mine made that 150hp and mine is stone stock.......

The Dynojet 150Is are showing about 5-8hp less than the older DJ250s. Really doesn't matter to me as I look for the changes after certain mods performed. I also do not rely on the dyno #'s to reflect what is best for actual on the road/track performance. It takes a lot of trips down the qtr. with small changes in the map to get best overall and everyday power. That's where a WB comes in handy too. Lately that's something I admit doing enough since my old Kawi days.

01smoke's bike needs to be checked for obvious things first to see why power is down some. The bike has definitely been broken in so that is not an issue. Unfortunately, we could not get a probe down deep enough into the exhaust to get a good AFR reading. Plus, for some reason we didn't have luck with the RPM signal either, so a Tq reading was out of the question. Oh well.

Since 01smokes bought an 06 in 08, it is possible that over time at the dealership waiting for a new owner, something like the CATS could be the culprit. Once he gets all the little bolt parts, we will dyno tune it a find out. Given similar conditions on the dyno, the bike should pick up another 20-25hp with full exhaust, air filter and tune. Now that should help the back half of the qtr a bunch!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts