True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I currently have a 3'' single exit exhaust which is pretty rare among the local SRT scene with most running duals or dump tubes. Im looking to change up the look of the car becuase Im just that guy that always is unsatisfied. So im wondering what some of your thoughts were on side exits.

I am going to be looking at this particular one.

Thoughts?

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
not fond of any car with them except the 02-04 roush mustangs

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Lake-pipes belong in Beach-boys songs... not Neons. Keep the single out-back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I say do it. I see lots of Neon's with the twin pipes out back. Maybe I am biased though lol.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
^^^ See what I mean... surfin' USA.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Please don't.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not a big fan of it ,even though on the side you will scare the shit out of people racing you when you shift , I remember the 1st time I raced a Neon and it backfired I thought they were shooting at me. lol!!

·
Phantom
222 Posts
I think the side exit can be really nice if done right. A buddy of mine has a newer VW GTI and his is coming out the side put he poked it through the sideskirt. It looks really nice.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I love all of you. But I bought it. 3'' stainless with a Cat and a resonator. Mainsey is buying mine so atleast it wont go to waste.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I love side exits, but is there any way to cut out a little bit of the side skirt to make it tuck up a little neater? Would give it a cleaner look imo. More like it's meant to be part of the car.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah I was thinking about grinding on that pinch weld for now making it part of the side skirt itself would be pimpen deluxe. Ive done a few photo shops and it is nice but not really in the budget. I have to finish up all these half done projects. Need to wrap up the big brakes, need to finish the projectors, need a 3'' o2 before I can install the side exit, need to paint the roof black, need to install the powder coated intake manifold, need to do the wire tuck on the return line. Just a bunch of little things that will make the car come together.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well once you get all the little things wrapped up and if you can scrape the money together I say go for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts