True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend has a 2008 or 2007 dodge cummins 6.7, he purchased a MP-8 chip that is supposed to be a plug and play chip, but for some odd reason now that i installed this chip the truck does not want to start!!! I had to take of the front fuel pressure regulater bolt thats on the fuel rail and put three little shims inside it before the spring, i just dont know what the problem is can anyone help me??

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
The problem may be the fact that you worked on it... period.

·
Premium Member
5,183 Posts
was it used? can you put it back to stock and try it?

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put it back to stock and worked just fine....

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
I could really give a shit what you have to say...
I have not heard much good on the 6.7 man he should have got a 5.9 the new ones have a lot of problems

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not heard much good on the 6.7 man he should have got a 5.9 the new ones have a lot of problems
I been working on it this whole time i think i lost something when i took apart the fuel pressure valve, cuz the truck starts it just dont stay idled...

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
I been working on it this whole time i think i lost something when i took apart the fuel pressure valve, cuz the truck starts it just dont stay idled...
Just take it to melloy man I sure its under 100 k they will fix it I have a trailer that can be used to get it there. Let me know I know a lot of people who their new dodge will not run or even start let me know though

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just take it to melloy man I sure its under 100 k they will fix it I have a trailer that can be used to get it there. Let me know I know a lot of people who their new dodge will not run or even start let me know though
He has voided all warrenty by putting the stacks on it..

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You cant it had that funky ass exhaust, it had to get a delete kit for it and everything...

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
I know about the exhaust but just take the kit out put on the stock exhaust and take it it I don't know if he look into it but if anything goes it cost a lot to to fix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts