True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rustlin' Jimmies
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes like the title says I need some buffing advice. My car is a swirl monster and it's time to fix that. I've never buffed a vehicle before and don't know where to start. I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated and don't want to fuck up my paint. If anyone has some pointers they'd be much appreciated.

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Well to really eliminate swirls the best way is with a machine. If you don't want to mess anything up, a random orbital buffer is the best route (not a rotary). Then just tape off the trim and go to town. Of course there is buffing technique, pad choice, and compound choice to consider but that really is based on how bad the damage is and how hard/soft the paint is.

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
try mothers carnuba cleaner was first it worked great for my bro's black gs 300

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Get a claybar kit and claybar it, go over it with like scratch x rubbing compound, then wax it. did that to my black g35 that had tons of swirls and scratches and it looked 100 times better.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Best thing to use is a DA polisher, if you don't have that then you might as well do it by hand with generic products. I use a Porter Cable, and Poor Boy's Polish/Compound.

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts