True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to make a long story short, a few years back when i bought my house, i paied for 1500 sq feet, i recently went to refinance it, and a appraiser found out my house is 1300 sq feet, we re did everything and i even pulled out the original survay and sure enough 1300 sq feet. the seeling company had the flyer ( which i still have a couple copys of) listing the house as 1500sq feet, i have the offical mls listing at 1500 sq feet and i found my offical purchaser agreement which states i bought the house for $101 a squar foot at 1500 sq feet.
i want my $20,000, and if you are wondering where they got the extra sq footage they counted my back porch as part of the house..
so if any one knows a good real estate lawyer who would give me a free inital counceling i would much appreciate it.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Good luck, should have read all the docs, im sure somewhere in there it would have said 1300sq ft. Dunno what recourse you have now. Best suggestion i have is to go to the NM board of realtors, maybe they have some info on that kinda thing. Or go back to your escrow company and see what they say. Hell maybe the realtor you went through may have some info.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
Look at your appraisal. If it said 1300 when you bought the house you're shit out of luck. Hell, with all the home builders going out of business, I wouldn't be surprised if you're shit out of luck either way. Can't squeeze blood from a rock.

·
Herpes Free
63 Posts
Does title insurance cover this kind of thing? I remember something about this kind of situation when I was wrapping up the deal on the house I just moved into.

·
Registered
645 Posts
the appraisal states 1500 sq feet
The selling company and realtor could be held responsible if the error is more than 10%. In this case it is. The selling companies errors and omisions insurance should be responsible. Now you need a lawyer that doesn't represent any of those interests. Call Ken Hunt and ask if he has any problem representing you against who ever the selling broker/company was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts