True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First they quoted me $600 to pull out my 4l60e tranny and inspect it, then they told me they had to rebuild it for $2000. Then when all was said and done they charged me almost $2900.

I argued with them and managed to get a $200 discount only cause i made a scene and called the police so i paid $2700.

And they are supposed to be number one in consumer review. They lied and decieved me so now im letting everyone else know not to make the same mistake and take their cars to these th****.

They are on San Antonio and Jefferson. So if your tranny goes get a quote for a rebuild in writing including tax, fluids, and all the other bull shit they fail to mention.

Also, take pics if you have a nice paint job cause i got a pretty nice scratch on my car from them aswell.

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all good, if i could get one person not to go there then atleast i get my payback. So spread the word Nationwide Transmission BLOWS!!!!!

Call around for tranny repairs and always expect worse case scenario cause if you don't youll get had like me. I thought it was electrical and was only expecting to pay $600. WRONG!!! Could of bought two brand new trannys for what they charged me and installed myself.

They charged $1300 for labor alone. Best in Consumer review my ass.

So if you got tranny problems last place to call Nation Wide transmissions.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
That sucks bro you should of baught a wrecked camaro from the auction and used the tranny from that. With the money you spent we could have made your car a six speed plus you would of had another car for parts. But you live and you learn and unfortunatly in that order.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ouch! Next time hit me up.....the tranny shop we use does excellent work, and treats us very fair.....

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
dam we have 2 cummins diesels autos we got done their for 3200 for both.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
dam we have 2 cummins diesels autos we got done their for 3200 for both.

??? That's a damn good deal! Billet shafts or reuse the stockers?

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
Damn!

That's about as bad as Vinny's covenant with Performabuilt transmissions.

Sorry to hear man. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts