·
Professional ninja
2,692 Posts
Badass build!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sorry guys I forgot to update this thread.

The car is now at this time ready to be tuned. I went down a week ago and worked on the car with a friend. We got A LOT accomplished. Meth kit is installed and I upgraded to a duel nozzle setup. Had a HUGE fuel system problems. First my intank 044 wasnt working. So it had to come back out... we tapped it on the ground and now its good.... i know... weird... Then the Nasty Nate Rails I had were not for an LS2 so my injectors leaked horrible with any fuel pressure. So I bought spacers and we still had the problem on the driver side. Upon further inspection the driver side fuel rail was machined facing the wrong direction. FML :banghead: So luckily CPR had some Holley fuel rails in stock and they worked perfect. So we then started her for the first time(VIDEO BELOW). Then on the 2nd start I let the clutch out(didnt do this the first time) and the car stalled... in neutral :banghead: Turns out my torque tube is seized... This caused me to miss my tune :banghead: :banghead:

Anyway, I got a new torque tube and it is now installed. New tune date is set for the 15th of Oct. :headbang:

Start up vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvKU37Ap2c

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Its been a bit but here is an update. I was hoping to be fully tuned and coming up for some Mexico fun. But ran into a few speed bumps as always when building a car :( The car was scheduled to be tuned last Thursday. Unfortunately it didnt get very far. Turns out that my driver side o2 sensor is bad allowing only for minimal open loop tuning. Very minimal. So it has a rough base tune on it with no timing. When they went to dyno the bias ply tires werent having it. They were swelling and hitting my fenders. SO, o2 sensor and tires are ordered. Should be tuned in a couple of weeks.

I did get to drive the car this weekend for the first time in a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGmQpzasv4E

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.