True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the car running last weekend but it just never felt right to me. Felt decently quick but didn't spin the tires much and I just kept swearing that I could hear a little bit of a miss at certain rpm's. We called it a early night last night so I decided to get to work. I went through it adjusting all the valves and checking all the bolts. It was 2 in the morning when I finished so i fired it up just to make sure it would still start and shut it back down. This morning I fired it up, noticed the idle sounds healthier.. and set the timing back up around 18 degrees. Car feels like a monster for sure, and random missing is gone and it is a hell of a ride on those quick time pros once again. Can't wait to take it back to the track and see what it does!!!

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
congrats on the turn around... !! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good to see ya up and running again, I rebuilt the Posi unit in mine, but when I inspected the Axles, I found the splines twisted on one , oh well, time for new axles.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Good to hear man. That didn't take very long.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to see ya up and running again, I rebuilt the Posi unit in mine, but when I inspected the Axles, I found the splines twisted on one , oh well, time for new axles.
That is because you just make to much damn power John:beer:

·
Adrenaline junky!
218 Posts
Go get your nine Joe. Good job!

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is because you just make to much damn power John:beer:
HaHa, I wish, those axles were born in '59:nono:, I was born in '57, we've both taken one too many beatings, now go get your 9 and your lecture at the track, we're all pullin' for ya! :headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Congrats Joe! Before the light goes green you never really know what's gonna happen with that car. :headbang:

·
Whippled Charged...
1,085 Posts
What ended up breaking on the car anyways? Headgasket?

·
3rd Gear
681 Posts
hell yea joe get your 9 so you can rub it in emmits face like you did when you beat his time haha

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Glad to hear the car is running good. You should bring her out on June 28th!!!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What ended up breaking on the car anyways? Headgasket?
Yeah headgasket completely shit itself. Even cracked the head.. Car now has head studs and everything is torqued correctly.

I'll be at the june meet Slomaro.

·
having more fun every day!
1,600 Posts
I still haven't gotten a chance to see your car in person.. I want to check it out at some point :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts