True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a 1989 Mustang and this is my first project and I need some advice as I go. I have been doing a lot of researching for front suspension components and I came across a few websites that I really liked. Anthony Jones Racing, and Racecraft Inc. Ive made a few calls and I've heard great things about both companies. Im leaning towards Racecraft, but I just need some more advice and some knowledge on the products before I go ahead and buy everything. Any help would be appreciated Thanks guys

·
GOT DA BUSA!!!
673 Posts
Best kit for the price IMO, UPR products. Look em up, iirc it's $700 for the front end kit (K-member, control arms, coilover kit).

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
K-Member, A-Arms, Spindles, ext.
I have some front spindals off a cobra with rotters calipers and what not to go to 5 lug on a fox if your intrested?

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
IMO, the AJE stuff can be a tad overpriced, but you simply can't go wrong with Racecraft. When you mention suspension though, are you also counting shocks/struts, springs? I've learned over the years that it's best to go with as much adjustability as you can afford, don't be afraid when trying to get your setup going, there's lots of help available and if all else fails, set everything to the stock settings and go from there.

For rear suspension, Wolfe Racecraft and TeamZ would be my top 2, Chris Alston and Baseline Suspensions have some nice pieces as well. UPR stuff is not bad and a bit cheaper. Shocks, Strange and QA1 are the main ones and comparable in quality and performance.

Up front, Racecraft obviously, AJE, and TeamZ for k-members. UPR's is very good, D&D's are not bad. One thing I don't recommend, QA1 k-members! Struts, Strange 10-way, period!

Obviously there's way way higher end stuff that you could do, but that just depends on the depth of your wallet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help everyone I talked to a couple people and I was told Racecraft was the way to go. I called and talked to Kody one of their sales reps and I was very impressed he was very helpful and they swung me a good deal on everything!!! They signed me up for their $500 Drawing too. I will be sure to let everyone know how the products look and install. I was wondering if you guys have looked at their Rear End Housings? Looks like a sweet set up 79-04 Mustang Fabricated 9 MS Housing ( 5/8 Offset Pinion) 79-04 Mustang Fabricated 9 MS Housing (Offset Pinion) [<b>210200</b>] - $985.00 : RaceCraft Inc., Camaro Mustang Chassis Suspension K-Member Control Arm Drop Spindles Fabrication Let me know what you guys think about racecrafts housings.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Chris at Dyno edge is a distributor for Racecraft and may be able to save you a little money. He runs their rear end housing also if you want to see one on a car. Really nice stuff. He also is running their rear sway bar. 60's 1.17 on drag radials.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really I might have to contact him if I decide to purchase a rear end. There products look nice you've heard good things about them? I should receive it within a week so I will be able to take a look at it for myself. They were highly recommended by a few ppl I talked to so im excited!!

·
Mustang Graveyard
655 Posts
You WILL NOT be disappointed with Racecraft's stuff! I picked up their 2" drop spindles and a set of strange Pro Series front drag brakes, shipping was quick and the cust. service was top notch. Not to mention the spindles are badass.
Good Choice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts