True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom just approached me and asked, "Do you wanna go to Dubai?" I asked for what and she says "TO LIVE THERE!" and of course I start freaking out. I thought she meant on a cruise or something but turns out my Dad got a REALLY good job offer and will be leaving in 6 months. Since I'm about to graduate they are leaving the decision to me weather I wanna go or not. Everything wold be paid for and both of my parents would be making EXCELLENT money. I'm so stuck right now! Dubai is a beautiful place from what I've seen in pictures and I've always wanted to move out of the country but I feel like it's just too soon! Plus it will mess up my career! Has anyone been there? What's it like?

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
Dubai = Big money

If you go, have tons of fun.

Epic cars are fucking everywhere.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
I would go in a heartbeat. That's a one in a lifetime opportunity IMO..

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I would go. Thats a badass opportunity. How would it mess up your career? Arent you only 17? Couldnt possibly have a career at that age.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a bunch of friends out there, and they say the quality of life for the non super rich is pretty shitty. Also that the city is starting to turn for the downside again. Your choice but personally I wouldnt go. If you do, goodluck to ya and keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
When you're young and have the chance to travel always do it! Besides, if you hate it you can always move back sometime but if don't go you'll never know...

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All some very good points. But I'm pretty sure I had it set in stone what I wanted to happen with my life and now that this is happening I'm just having to go back and re-think it. Right when I had it all figured out. UGH!!!!

Idk things aren't lookin too great for me out here. There is one good reason for me to stay. But so many good reasons for me to go. Now I just need to figure out which is more important.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Idk wtf to do. On one hand I'm not ready but on the other it's a great oppurtunity.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So tell me why I'm flipping through channels and there's a documentary on Dubai on TV? It's actually about the stuff my dad is supposed to help build....

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
why not go? sersioulsly you can move back pretty easily so why not take a chance of a lifetime and see where it goes?

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
You are only 17. Honestly at that age nothinh should be really holding you back.just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a conspiracy! I know you all are trying to get rid of me =P

·
Registered
226 Posts
your only 17 and will have alot of "career" opportunities later in life, go to Dubai.

I wish I had a toyota camery from Dubai.....

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shea, you didn't know about the whole Air Force thing? I sware I told you the other day!

Right now it looks as if I'm staying. My mom is probably staying until my sister can get a kidney transplant also so I think that will give me a bit more time to think about it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh yeah sorry forgot to mention, half of the people I know over there are there for military reasons right now so getting rpg'd (happened to a buddies hummer) kinda puts a downward spiral on things lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
personally i'd be too scared to go, but i also think it's a great opportunity for anyone who is willing to take it. try it and if you don't like it then move back =] you know where to find us haha

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude we always have this conversation ya know the , "What are you gonna do after high school" conversation and you're always the one like "Fuck this state I'm out!" Lol and I'm always like "Yeah, I don't like it here but I need to wait a little while before I can leave......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts