True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
I never saw this on mainstream media ^ but a certain local station seems to think that hollow point handgun bullets can go through bullet proof vests.
Wish I could upload the link but that's what was reported today on seven @1700 hrs.
I am sending my bullet proof IIIA vest back right now damnit! They lied to me! :banghead:

Edit: My no longer bullet proof IIIA vest.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Ok,ok I'll keep the vest...pending NRA approval. Now for that cell phone of mine that looks like a gun...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok,ok I'll keep the vest...pending NRA approval. Now for that cell phone of mine that looks like a gun...
Hollow points with a piece of drill rod stock waxed into em ie stingers have been used by Chicago gangs since the 80s to go through vests.. But that is the only hollow point-AP connection I can make.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Hollow points with a piece of drill rod stock waxed into em ie stingers have been used by Chicago gangs since the 80s to go through vests.. But that is the only hollow point-AP connection I can make.
Yeah, I was just pointing out how some of our local media likes to take a person, who of course is now deceased's, cell phone texts and twists them to out of context propaganda. Nope... only AR500 for this guy.

Welcome to the LZ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is some shit ar500 plate I just worked a target welding job for and .223 has been blowing straight through the ar500 .375 plate. Nothing is sacred or gauranteed these days with outsourcing. Pfft.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I've been looking at the ar500 armor plates with the anti spalling coating. Keeps getting excellent reviews.

·
Come back here with my show!
1,166 Posts
For better or worse, the founding notions of the NRA aren't all that relevant to their actions these days anyway.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
I've been looking at the ar500 armor plates with the anti spalling coating. Keeps getting excellent reviews.
I've got the contoured, shooters cut with anti splalling liner. They'll take a couple months to get to ya but you may find some on ebay if you want them sooner. Pfft,

I'd believe the reviews.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts