True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New bests all around tonight, went from a tire spinning [email protected] down to a still slightly spinning, all-over-the-place pass of [email protected]. Third pass was the good one, even though the car was still a bit finicky off the line and moved around a bit:

[email protected]@132.3

I did record a better 60ft later (1.61) but I miffed the 2-3 shift and shortshifted not thinking Doh!! So, after coming in with an old best of [email protected], we dropped a ton more ET, gained a good bit of mph, and got my 6 second 1/8th. woohoo

Amazing what some very minor suspension tweaks will do. The difference in 2 tenths between runs was as simple as 2 clicks on the struts or shocks. Small steps, the car is very mild right now but with the right parts and time this sucker is gonna get doooowwwnn.

Setup:

331ci all forged
AFR 165s (small!)
Trick Flow upper/lower
Vortech T-trim at ~12psi
Hoosier 28x11.5 QTPs
26* total timing with 1*/psi taken out with an MSD BTM
90 octane pump gas
stock T-5 tranny

The rear springs are quite a bit too stiff and the rear shocks are not functioning properly. Once I can get those issues tied up we can get some real tuning business taken care of!

G

·
what gearing are you running? and hell ya with a stock t-5 thats damn good ive seen alot of them break with cars running in the 12.s

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.73s out back.

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
Thats moving really good already. This thing is gona get down and dirty soon i bet.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Congrats man. :)

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Jamie, your bike was bookin' it pretty good too.

Here's a couple vids, first is of the 10.93 pass, all over the place. You can click just under the right corner of the video for higher quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymutzJvkWI

Second is the 10.74 pass, kind of a weird angle but it'll work. Even though it wasn't my best 60ft, the car moves out alright in that vid, but you can see it car bouncing off the springs. We stiffened up the reboound on the rear coilovers which helped quite a bit, but didn't get a chance to do a whole lot more as the track shut down pretty early and the compression setting on the shocks is messed up. Next time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvMLPumq3i0

1st-2nd comes quick and it kinda sucks having to be nice to the T-5, LoL.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I hadn't, I don't go on there anymore. hArrr

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Lol, I know.
I saw a few thumbs up so far is all. :)

·
3rd Gear
681 Posts
haha, nice runs omar car was movin. even your buddy posted onthe other site and gave you a thumbs up haha

·
Ah kitty kitty
2,192 Posts
Nice job Omar..That sucker gets squirrely out of the hole.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Damn. That's really neat. I'd love to put my car in the 10's someday but my wife (i.e., checkbook) doesn't agree. :) Keep it up, Omar! That's badass! :thumbsup:

·
PTE 6152S-11.34 AFR's
200 Posts
LOL You can hear me Clapping on the 10.9 Video. Congrats again Omar get that 60ft to some 1.5's and you will be moving.

·
3rd Gear
222 Posts
sorry for the crappy quality of the vids still trying to figure out night time shooting on my camera.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Get some paint on that fucker homie. Oh yeah... not bad at all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts