True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a long shot, but any of you guys into mopeds? I'm talking about the pedal assisted 2-strokes from the 70's, not scooters. Here's a couple of mine, the red and black one is a Puch Magnum, I sold it to a coworker before I left California. The blue one is a Peugeot 103-SP, and it is faaar from stock! That little bitch could outrun some cars from a stop, would pull wheelies and top out at around 55mph, all on a 64cc! I'm sure if I geared it it would have hit mid 60's. It's all torn apart right now, it's getting a full restoration and the nastiest engine I can put together, which should put out about twice as much horsepower as the previous engine (I'm shooting for around 18-20 horse). Stock these things have 2 horsepower at most, with a good amount of them limited down to 1.5 and 1 horsepower. Any of you guys into these things?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello 16v,
I don't have any scooters but am working on some old mid 70's Yamaha twin cylinder 2 stroke café racers. One is a 350cc and the other is a 125cc. The 2 stroke street machine can be vicious. I can't wait to get my 350cc on the road, it will out run bikes twice it's size. The Puch is awesome, that could be a speedy ride.
Nice.
-quarkdude

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
Fuckin bad ass I have a scoot but would love to get me one of them old mopeds. MmsEVO's dad builds some pretty nasty mopeds and scooters with diesel engines. And a few with gas, ill see if can post up some pics on them

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fuckin bad ass I have a scoot but would love to get me one of them old mopeds. MmsEVO's dad builds some pretty nasty mopeds and scooters with diesel engines. And a few with gas, ill see if can post up some pics on them
Those fuckers are dangerous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.