Discussion Starter #3
FOUND A 95 BUT ITS A LTI , AUTO , ALWAYS WANTED A CAMERO
HOW MUCH NOS CAN IT TAKE WITHOUT BLOWING UP

·
Registered
311 Posts
FOUND A 95 BUT ITS A LTI , AUTO , ALWAYS WANTED A CAMERO
HOW MUCH NOS CAN IT TAKE WITHOUT BLOWING UP
Well I dont know how much a CAMERO would take, but I think LS1 CAMARO's are pretty damn good with high hp shots.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
The LS1 responds a lot better to N2o and is more mod friendly. LT1's tend to shit out the opti spark all the time.

I sprayed my stock motor'd LS1 with a 200 shot for 2 and a half years before it broke a piston. I've seen bigger hits than that on stock shortblocks too.

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the reason i ask is the i might be picking it up for 1k $
only thing is its a LT1 , would it be alright with a 100 shot, complete exhaust and intake,
maby even little fuel mods? also its a auto

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
I'll sell you an LS1 w/about 50k miles. Runs strong. $1200.

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ohh, well my plan is this, im from a country in eastern europe called romania and i wanted to take this camero there all hooked up with nos and a louder that fuck exhaust, and some nice rims for some flash, a car like that would sell for about 20 k just cause its American muscle , they see alot of audi , bmw, Mercedes, volvo fiat , Renault ect they go nuts for anything American with dual exhaust and loud, plus its at sea level and 98 octane fuel is standard

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
With the money you save from buying an LT1,
buy long tube headers and a CAI and you should be running right next to ls1 just like myself. You'll need a high stall converter if its an auto to get you in your power band though. If its a six speed just buy some street slicks and launch at 3000 rpm. Not much is needed to keep up with LS1, about $1000 in parts.

My favorite place to look for cars is craigslist. Say you buy <100,000 mile lt1 for $3000-$5000 plus $1000 mods your at $6000. You could find a lS1 for say at about $8000 these days so you will be saving about $2000-$3000 if you go the lt1 route.

And the opti spark aint no big deal, just go with the OEM though cause ive seen dyno graphs of aftermarket compared to OEM and they are the same.
Just replace the waterpump when you do the opti so you wont have to do it twice cause if the waterpump leaks on the opti....poof there goes your opti again.

Optis are good to last 100,000 miles if no leaks from the waterpump are present.

People only replace one or the other and then they got to do one job twice.

OEM opti are about $300 and water pump is around $100 i believe. But at least you will have peace of mind you have a new water pump, thermostat, and opti.

Of course maintance on any lt1 or LS1 is required with around 100,000 miles

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Ls1's overall respond better to mod's. Ecspecially nitrous. And i don't know what ^ this guys talking about. If you pick it up before the new year. I'll sell you an Ls1/4l60e both in great working condition for $2,500. After that Price goes back up.. Ls1's are popular man. And if your trying to sell your ride when you get back home. Might as well go with a Ls1!!!

G

·
With the money you save from buying an LT1,
buy long tube headers and a CAI and you should be running right next to ls1 just like myself. You'll need a high stall converter if its an auto to get you in your power band though. If its a six speed just buy some street slicks and launch at 3000 rpm. Not much is needed to keep up with LS1, about $1000 in parts.

My favorite place to look for cars is craigslist. Say you buy <100,000 mile lt1 for $3000-$5000 plus $1000 mods your at $6000. You could find a lS1 for say at about $8000 these days so you will be saving about $2000-$3000 if you go the lt1 route.

And the opti spark aint no big deal, just go with the OEM though cause ive seen dyno graphs of aftermarket compared to OEM and they are the same.
Just replace the waterpump when you do the opti so you wont have to do it twice cause if the waterpump leaks on the opti....poof there goes your opti again.

Optis are good to last 100,000 miles if no leaks from the waterpump are present.

People only replace one or the other and then they got to do one job twice.

OEM opti are about $300 and water pump is around $100 i believe. But at least you will have peace of mind you have a new water pump, thermostat, and opti.

Of course maintance on any lt1 or LS1 is required with around 100,000 miles
a $6000 ls1 with $500 in it WILL WALK your lt1 bad

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Okay this is what i did to run a 14.4 @ 5000 ft. Altitude corrected 13.4

94 Lt1 Camaro $3400 with 130,000 miles w/rebuilt top end and new everything, fuel pump, water pump, opti, everything was like new when i bought it. I got a good deal when i bought it a year ago. Only thing wrong with it was the clear was peeling off on the top of the doors but everything else was suprisingly like new, not salvaged or ever wrecked, not a dent on it. Also included every option from oil cooler, power everything, cd player and t-tops.

3500 stall $200
CAI $100
LT headers $400
Labor $400

Grand total $4500 and running 14.4 @ 5000 ft.

Add 1.6 full roller rockers good for another 15-20 hp
Add pcmfor less tune 2-4 tenths off quarter
Add gears 3.73 3 tenths off quarter mile
Add MSD 6A 1-2 tenths off quarter mile
Street slicks 3-5 tenths off quarter mile
and run a 100 shot all day and your in the 12 's with bolt ons and
spray at 5000ft.

Ill be getting everything above, except nos, with about another $1500 and i should be running in the mid to hight 13's at 5000 ft with a grand total of $6000

And again thats 5000ft at the albuquerque speedway.

01smokes i honestly think your wrong. Im already running with stock ls1's only spending a grand total of $4500 in my car. Thats $2000 shy from your $6500. Shit i could do all that above including nos and spank and $6000 ls1 with $500 in mods. So the best you could do with $500 is a nitrous kit, big deal. So could i do that plus everything else including gears, tune, 1.6 roller rockers, street slicks, slp exhaust, msd 6A for the same dam price and walk your supposed $6000 ls1 with $500 in mods. And thats not even with a cam or heads or lt4 intake manifold! Just lt1 boltons.

BANG for Buck: my opion LT1 and agian i say my opionion from first hand experience lt1 is better bang for buck. They are cheaper and all you need is $1000 to keep up with stock ls1 ones. They are cheaper to mod too. LOOK ON EBAY & COMPARE PRICES; LOOK ON CRAIGSlIST & COMPARE PRICES

I just seen a pontiac firebirformula lt1 on craigslist for 3500 obo on craigslist not to long ago with 100k. You can find some nice deals on craigslist.

And if money wasn't an issue id buy an 02 SS Camaro. But someone trying to find a deal go with the best bang for buck plain and simple. ls1 or lt1.

I just hate skeptics thinking their ls1's are invinsible and can't be beat by LT1's. Which is why i find it that much sweeter when i prove them wrong by 1/4 mile times and cash invested.

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Who here has $500 in mods on their lS1? Anyone? Just wondering what your running? What do you have? What year is it? Do you have a Lid or not? SS or WS6 or just plain jane? SS and WS6 shouldn't count since lid and slp package. Or how bout a stock SS or WS6 that should be about right. What you running the quarter mile?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts