True Street Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'm trying to help you. But you need to at least know what you put in your car. People are asking simple questions, and you're not answering them. If you say your car is losing power at the top end after you put plugs in, you need to know what plugs you put in. 1 step colder and coldest are two very different things. And if you are running a stock LS1 head, stock compression and just a 75 shot, you probably don't need to go any colder. But TR6's are 1 step colder. And they shouldn't result in any power loss, unless you gaped them wrong...

And stop asking questions if your gonna get hurt and start trying to E-Thug people who try and help... We need INFO to help you. Clear and accurate info...
Ok cool thanks and what's your suggestion on the gag I'v heard 35-40 one person said 50??? You?

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
No reason to be a dick. Just because his dad changes brakes, clutches and oil doesn't mean he knows about nitrous. Put a tr6 plug in it, and spray a 75 shot. Before you switch pills out to a 100 shot you need a tune or a timing retard device to be safe. Fucking noobs being dicks to other noobs.

·
testículos hinchados
14,857 Posts
No reason to be a dick. Just because his dad changes brakes, clutches and oil doesn't mean he knows about nitrous. Put a tr6 plug in it, and spray a 75 shot. Before you switch pills out to a 100 shot you need a tune or a timing retard device to be safe. Fucking noobs being dicks to other noobs.
You're my ls hero outrawz :lol: but really, cool to help this guy out

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ride on man thank you

·
Fat white guy
762 Posts
Texas-speed.com, look at said stuffs, call the number on webpage, ask for Jon R., done....
I don't think Jon R. is there anymore, or at least I have not seen him the past few times. John J. is there still and he is who I normally deal with, or Jason.

Like said before, run some TR6's get a tune to be safe, make sure you have good gas, and spray above 3k rpms, but not higher than 6k if everything else is stock.

Reactions: 51chevy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Put some cheap auto lite plugs, ngk 3346, or tr6 like previously said. Gap them at .035" and you're good to go. If youre worried about nitrous melting plugs, then don't spray. It's part of the territory. That's why you run a plug that doesn't cost $10 a piece.

I advise against an iridium plug. If you have an issue you'll end up with a burnt piston instead of a $2 spark plug.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
ran mine on a 75 shot stock and it was fine. out tr6's in and it ran like shit. ran it on bosch platinum 2's and it ran amazing, never fouled a plug. it all depends on the car really. if you wanna be safe about it, its best to take it in for a tune, most good tuners will recommend a plug for your setup/their tune.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
:headbang:Thanks for all the info! Cars is running great auto lights/ 75 shot went threw a bottle check plugs look great still!

·
slowpoke!!!
1,422 Posts
so what do you guys suggest for a 125 shot?

·
slowpoke!!!
1,422 Posts
when is a tune and timing retard needed? i guess a tune should be with any spray for safety but can u run without a tune with a small shot?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Yup I didn't know that I know I asked my parts vender for the coldest plug and got some thing almost equivalent to the tr6 NGK. And hey yes I work on cars in 20 and have learned a lot. But I'm willing to tell you or anyone yes I'm still learning and I don't know everything. That's why I ask. Have a problem with it?
+hp

+hp. Gettin tired of all the newbs. :banghead:
Glad the OGs are answering questions at least.

·
slowpoke!!!
1,422 Posts
I went [email protected] in Albuquerque in 02/03 on a 150 shot and more than stock timing, just add c16.
so runnin c16 i should be fine with no timing retard? running c16 wont hurt anything else?

+hp. Gettin tired of all the newbs. :banghead:
Glad the OGs are answering questions at least.
Agree... kinda sucks asking technical questions on here cuz some ppl are dicks about it... but thanks to everyone that has helped me out. i know some but dont know everything.

Reactions: 51chevy
41 - 60 of 138 Posts