True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at possibly getting a Cobra (terminator). Trying to find some good info on the cars or anything related to problems I should look for. I already know of the head tick but not much else, any help would be appreciated guys. TIA.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
........ Lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
watch out for the #7 and #8 pistons, they have a problem not cooling properly. most people will put an ldc cool mod on there to help clear it up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
watch out for the #7 and #8 pistons, they have a problem not cooling properly. most people will put an ldc cool mod on there to help clear it up.
Ok thanks, i'll look into it. I've found a nice one in Texas for 25k, still deciding between this an a e46 M3 again. If I can get rid of my 335i i'm leaning towards the Cobra though.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
how many miles on the cobra? seems high to be honest, there were a couple for sale around here with low miles for around 23k. if you want a bad ass cobra tlk to trey i know he was trying to sell his.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
19,500. I'm really only picky to get a black/manual/coupe. Thats all i'm really looking for, though i've got to get rid of the BMW first.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Too bad you are picky, I have a TT mystic vert I would make you a good deal on. Tons of mods and tons of power, nothing you would have to do to it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mystic is the only other color I like on these cars, let me get rid of my BMW (if I ever can) and i'll let you know then.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome, thanks i'm looking into it right now.

G

·
Ok thanks, i'll look into it. I've found a nice one in Texas for 25k, still deciding between this an a e46 M3 again. If I can get rid of my 335i i'm leaning towards the Cobra though.
im sure turbofox306 will sell you his for 25k it should have the built motor in by the end of the month

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so I have to sell my car first (biggest obstacle) and first I am looking for a used 996TT porsche, prices on those have dropped insanely but finding one for the right price is the hard part, i've decided against the M3. It's too expensive to boost and up here it takes too much away from the car. So if I can sell my BMW i'll be trying to find a black coupe Cobra. Thanks for all the info and support guys. Just gotta sell my car lol.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Trey's Cobra > Turbofox's cobra. Fact.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well if I can ever sell my car i'll pretty much only be able to afford a stock(ish) Cobra, something around 20-25k is what i'm looking for, maybe a little more possibly but not by much. So i'll just stick to selling my car and trying to find a black coupe Cobra near stock.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts