True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a leak-down tester? If so how much would you charge to test my car? I heard you can make one using a compression tester but even if I did that I wouldnt know how to do the leak-down test lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
We have a comp tester and a leak down. The compression tester will show 99% of problems. The leak down tester just helps pinpoint. If there is a problem the motor needs to come apart anyway, so the leak down test is kind of pointless. We do visual diagnostics for free and can do a comp/leak down if needed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use my compression tester only to check cylinder pressure's, but my leakdown shows leakage at the valves or rings or sometimes head gaskets, on a side note, after 6 years of beating on my 350, my cylinders leakdown
3% @ 100psi.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
I use my compression tester only to check cylinder pressure's, but my leakdown shows leakage at the valves or rings or sometimes head gaskets, on a side note, after 6 years of beating on my 350, my cylinders leakdown
3% @ 100psi.

sounds like you need to beat it harder...lol...

good job!

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a comp tester and a leak down. The compression tester will show 99% of problems. The leak down tester just helps pinpoint. If there is a problem the motor needs to come apart anyway, so the leak down test is kind of pointless. We do visual diagnostics for free and can do a comp/leak down if needed.
How much to do a comp test, leak down and boost leak?.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts