True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Name's Junior...
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Mr. Hepcat and I went outside and decided to snap some pics of the GTO while the Hepkitty was sleeping. We had a fun time trying to stay a bit warm being about 3am snapping the pictures, but it was all worth it!

Hope you like them!

Thanks for taking a look

Gabriel

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
The first few pics are a bit noisy up top where the moon is shinning, what was your ISO set to?

Cool pics for being a spur of the moment thing. The first one would be the best if it wasn't so noisy, looks like someone taking a picture stalking it from the bush.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I see what you mean, Gabe used various ISO settings. It seems the car is good but the night time sky does show noise, we need to figure out a way of capturing a sharp image of the car with no noise in the night sky.

Maybe we'll try a few more things tonight and take notes as to what settings are used for each particular image.

Lu

·
The Name's Junior...
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the ISO was set at 100 the entire time. The problem I am finding with the 40D, is when I keep the aperature open for so long, it tend to get fuzzy out in the area, and when I edit them, and correct my levels, it shows a lot more, which sucks. But thats only in the areas that are really dark, and not in the areas of the subject.

Thanks for the comments everyone

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
that car almost looks sport gold in those pics lol

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Actually the ISO was set at 100 the entire time. The problem I am finding with the 40D, is when I keep the aperature open for so long, it tend to get fuzzy out in the area, and when I edit them, and correct my levels, it shows a lot more, which sucks. But thats only in the areas that are really dark, and not in the areas of the subject.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Like you said its probably just from the long exposer. Sometimes more ISO less aperture and less exposer will clean it up.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts

·
Whippled Charged...
1,085 Posts
nice pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts