True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
It was so wierd it looked like he only hit Kimbo once, he fell, then he didnt get any solid punches in after that then they call the fight... I was expecting this, but not 14 sec in!! haha

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
That was fucking retarded. He slipped, dude didnt get any powerful solid hits in at all. Retarded.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
looked like bullshit. I didn't see a single solid punch land. Bullshit fight.

I wanted to see ken shamrock get rocked.

·
3rd Gear
681 Posts
yea that fight did suck ass no real hits at all, looked like he slipped and the dude jumped on him and swung for the fence and hit nothing

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What I saw was that Kimbo got a little hit on the chin which was enough to stun him and he dropped. It only takes a little to get the right spot on the chin to ring your bells. So when Petruzelli, the crowd and the announcers got all excited, Petruzelli started swinging wildly and really didn't get any hits to his face once Kimbo was down. In fact, it was clear Kimbo was just going to get back around or on top right when the ref interfered. I believe the ref was all caught up in the excitement from the crowd that he was a bit premature. I call BS for stopping the call IMHO but when your not defending yourself well enough then they figure your out of it. And all Kimbo was a itty bitty cut.....whoopy do!!

Kimbo is no doubt a badass but if he doesn't learn more on the boxing skills ie; protecting your chin, he is going to constantly get beat by some other brute. I believe there is 95% skill and 5% luck in these fights. Well, this fight was a 5% 'er.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
What I saw was that Kimbo got a little hit on the chin which was enough to stun him and he dropped. It only takes a little to get the right spot on the chin to ring your bells. So when Petruzelli, the crowd and the announcers got all excited, Petruzelli started swinging wildly and really didn't get any hits to his face once Kimbo was down. In fact, it was clear Kimbo was just going to get back around or on top right when the ref interfered. I believe the ref was all caught up in the excitement from the crowd that he was a bit premature. I call BS for stopping the call IMHO but when your not defending yourself well enough then they figure your out of it. And all Kimbo was a itty bitty cut.....whoopy do!!

Kimbo is no doubt a badass but if he doesn't learn more on the boxing skills ie; protecting your chin, he is going to constantly get beat by some other brute. I believe there is 95% skill and 5% luck in these fights. Well, this fight was a 5% 'er.

Totally incorrect. Kimbo got hit straight on the jaw and was dropped. Petruzelli connected more once kimbo was on the ground (most notably cited as he was cut above the eye when he got up). Kimbo charged him like an idiot, and Petruzelli was experienced enough to counter him.

Anyone who said the fight was BS is totally incorrect as well. jerry Shaw jumped in the ring and was all over the ref trying to say petruzellis punches were illegal. Kimbo WAS exc. He was the hype train that exc was riding to try and make money on. There is no way in hell they wanted him to lose a fight period, much less to a virtual no name like petruzelli that was a TUF reject from the UFC.

Further, I dont blame kimbo for doing what he did. he took advantage of his situation, anyone who says they wouldnt do the same is lying. I have a problem with his fans, who are generally ignorant and have no real knowledge of MMA. Kimbo would be dominated by most 185lbers in the UFC, much elss and LHW or HW. he was a farce, and that was proven last night.

To get "back on top" he will have to now fight legitimate opponents (he cant fight washed up people or tomato cans anymore), and he wont beat anyone worth a shit. I believe this is the beginning of the end for Mr. Slice. Im happy it went the way it did because I generally hate Kimbos ignorant fans.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
I had to watch the video on my phone so its hard to tell. Ill re watch it tonight at home. But I would love the See Kimbo vs Lesner. I am sure that fight would be totally one sided but then all the Kimbo fans could see a real monster.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Kimbo has no business in a MMA ring. Hes a joke, always has been always will. Hes always done well against unskilled street thugs, and thats all he will ever do well against. Its sad that EXc had this happen, hope Tito can save them,lol.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Its sad that EXc had this happen, hope Tito can save them,lol.
I dont. Jerry Shaw is a douchebag and an asshole and he cares nothing for the sport. He just wants to make a quick buck on MMA's recent popularity.

·
Ninja in training ;)
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Its really sad to see just how much Kimbo got paid and how little, even Gina got ripped off IMO.
Total: $1,319,000

Seth Petruzelli: $50,000 ($15,000 win bonus)
def. Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson: $500,000

Jake Shields: $50,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Paul Daley: $12,000

Andrei Arlovski: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Roy Nelson: $80,000

Gina Carano: $25,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Kelly Kobold: $6,000

Benji Radach: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus)
def. Murilo “Ninja” Rua: $35,000

Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus)
def. Yoko Takahashi: $2,000

Conor Heun: $5,000 ($2,500 win bonus)
def. Edson Berto: $6,000

Mikey Gomez: $4,000 ($2,000 win bonus)
def. Lorenzo Borgomeo: $1,500

Bryan Hamade: $1,000 ($500 win bonus)
def. David Gomez: $1,000

Nicolae Cury: $1,500 ($750 win bonus)
def. Jorge Bouchet: $1,000

1 - 17 of 17 Posts