True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So me and my friends took our little project Integra out to the track tonight, got one test pass in to check the boost level. Everything seemed fine, it was hitting right at 7psi. Managed a 15.6 leaving the line easy and short shifting it down the 1/4. Turned it up to 10psi for the second pass, heated up the tires alittle. Staged the car, put it on launch control. The tree drops, the light turns green and I dump the clutch. BANG!! The car hits the rev limiter and goes nowhere! Snapped both axles! :eek:wned: Kind of upset. Thats my story lol :emo:

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Ah man thats no good. I hear those axles are notorious for breaking, especially with good tires.

·
Phantom
222 Posts
Damn man that sucks, but at least you will have the piece of mind knowing that the new axels you put on there won't be breaking.

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are actually thinking of just buying axles from Vato Zone with a lifetime warranty. Break it and take it back lol

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I had the stock axles in my integra with 100k on the clock and never had one problem out of them. It is like hit or miss with axles on FWD. Actually all the 11 sec FWD cars we have hand a hand in never had anything other than stock axles and never broke one. Luck of the draw I guess.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
damn thats a interesting thought. Seans axles held 600+ hp and yet you guys shattered both of yours with a 15 (maybe 14) second car. Better luck with your next set of axles Juan

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn thats a interesting thought. Seans axles held 600+ hp and yet you guys shattered both of yours with a 15 (maybe 14) second car. Better luck with your next set of axles Juan
Believe it or not for being a car put together with ebay parts it runs mid 13s on street tires and 9psi on pump gas....... Not to bad for a stock motor with 190k LOL

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
wow, that isn't bad. Sounds like a fun project. Now go get some ebay axles in that bitch!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts