True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove the bimmer around town today just checkin temps and a little part throttle boostin to check the boost and A/F readings and got poped by the popo for a modified exhaust:banghead:. I think the reason he puled me over was cause i have to kind of play with the rpm's from a dead stop in order to get the car rolling cause of my fx700 clutch super grabby anyway is there a way around this bullshit.cause im sure as fuck not gonna change my exhaust

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
find someone who can make a reciept for you like you actually fixed it and take that in.

·
Professional ninja
2,692 Posts
Register your shit in Rio Rancho! Or any other county really.

Alex
Nope you can still get popped for driving in albuquerque with a modified exhaust. I have had four of those tickets.

Judge chewed me out because i gave them a receipt showing that i fixed the exhaust. Then i got another one in the same car a while later. You got to be careful because it's a steep punishment if the judge wants to give you the full punishment which CAN include jail time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's weird! I got pulled over for my exhaust in Alb, and didn't get a ticket for it. Just got one for not having my insurance card on me.

Alex

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive owned plenty of loud cars with loud exhaust and this is the first time ive been issued a ticket maybe it was just a fluke and a cop with a hard on, besides when it happened it was downtown echoing between buildings all give the receipt thing a try

·
PSI FTW!!!!
4,977 Posts
show them all your recipts for your rebuild and tell the judge u just got it running and the exhaust is now on.claim just a pipe was there or whatever but now its all better

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Nope you can still get popped for driving in albuquerque with a modified exhaust. I have had four of those tickets.

Judge chewed me out because i gave them a receipt showing that i fixed the exhaust. Then i got another one in the same car a while later. You got to be careful because it's a steep punishment if the judge wants to give you the full punishment which CAN include jail time.
Jail time for a fucking EXHAUST? That's off the scale retarded. There isn't a word for how stupid that is.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Hahahahah that sucks dude. Ive had plenty of them, fuck it. Just take pictures of a stock exhaust silver m3, take it to court and "show" they have been switched and you are good to go.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Jail time for a fucking EXHAUST? That's off the scale retarded. There isn't a word for how stupid that is.
The jail time isn't for the exhaust. It is for contempt of court, if not perjury for lying under oath in court. I would not reccommend lying in court, but thats just me.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Technically, you lie before it even gets to court :lol:

·
NO FUCKS GIVEN!
3,402 Posts
Good old Marty has a hard on for loud cars especially downtown ABQ.

I avoid that area at all costs.

It's fucking bullshit. Godamn Harleys are louder then fuck and they are revving their shit all up and down Central.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
so whats up with the exhaust that you have? no muffler, down pipe only, or just loud?

·
2,937 Posts
The jail time isn't for the exhaust. It is for contempt of court, if not perjury for lying under oath in court. I would not reccommend lying in court, but thats just me.
:lol: ^^:cop: <-- pay attention to tha man!

·
Registered
406 Posts
so whats up with the exhaust that you have? no muffler, down pipe only, or just loud?
It wouldn't even matter if it was somewhat quiet. He could be pulled over for it being large just because it's not stock. Dumb fucking law. If they are going to make a law that says a car can not be louder than XX dB then they need to get a freaking decibel meter for Christ's sake!

Alex

·
2,937 Posts
It wouldn't even matter if it was somewhat quiet. He could be pulled over for it being large just because it's not stock. Dumb fucking law. If they are going to make a law that says a car can not be louder than XX dB then they need to get a freaking decibel meter for Christ's sake!

Alex

bit of a double standard to regulate the cars/trucks the way they do and not the fkn Harley's/choppers anywho..:twocents:

·
Registered
317 Posts
bit of a double standard to regulate the cars/trucks the way they do and not the fkn Harley's/choppers anywho..:twocents:
x1,000,000. That pisses me off. Everyone tells me , "Oh you better watch it you'll get a ticket for that loud exhaust." But they don't say shit when a harley rumbles by and you can't hear a conversation.

Disclaimer: I like Harley's and bikes lol, but the exhaust double standard is bullshit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts