True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 gt mustang,,the idle is irratic,was doing the same thing last year,,replaced IAC and was fine,,wifey killed the battery last week and the car is doin the same thing again,its idling up and down til she quits,do i need to replace same part again or is there a reset proceedure for the cpu

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
I had that same prob and it turned out to be my MAF sensor. Don't know if thats your issue but you could try.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I have "heard" but don't hold me to this, if you start the car and unplug IAC while it is running then shut the car off for a few and restart with it unplugged it will bypass it, if this is true and it idles normal after then that will tell you IAC problem but that procedure don't make sense to me but it worth a shot. It's gotta be the MAF or IAC though.

94 gt mustang,,the idle is irratic,was doing the same thing last year,,replaced IAC and was fine,,wifey killed the battery last week and the car is doin the same thing again,its idling up and down til she quits,do i need to replace same part again or is there a reset proceedure for the cpu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts