True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is how it all went down....

I was at work today and Jason and I were listening to the Edge as we were wrenching away on the cars. I was not really paying too much attention, but I heard them talking about the top 5 things you wish you invented. Well, the DJ's came up with 4 things and left it up to the edge listeners to call in with what they think the number 1 thing should be. Jason and I heard a few and thought most of them sounded pretty lame. So we started talking back and forth about what we wish we invented. Then I came up with a great one! I decided to go ahead and call the radio station for shits and give them my idea. I had NO FUCKING CLUE what the contest was even for (as stated earlier, not really paying attention). So I finally got threw the busy signal and and they answered.

I asked them if they were still looking for ideas that we wished we invented, and they said "yes, what do ya got for us"?
With partial excitement and partial humor, I said "A blow up doll!"
As soon as I said it, I heard someone in the backround at the studios just bust out laughing! So I started to laugh as well! After the laughter subsided, Oreo or Baxter, cant remember which, said "Dude, I don't even care about the rest, you just one the RockStar Mayhem Fest 2009 tickets! That is by far the best idea I ever heard"!
I laughed even harder and was completely amazed! I then said "think about it. A guy invents a baloon with a hole in it and is now filthy rich!
He laughed again and said "your right, and it brings joy to millions of lonely people all over the world!
So they told me not to hang up so they could get the rest of my info. I really had no idea what the contest was for, nor was I trying to win at all. I just thought It would have been something funny to say and too see if they would play it on the air!!

Im stoked! Just thought I would share!! :headbang:

Here is the line up:

Slayer
Marilyn Manson
KillSwitch Engage
All That Remains
Bullet for my Valentine
Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Job For A Cowboy
God Forbid
Behemoth
The Black Dahlia Murder
White Chapel

And many more on the other stages!!!!

7/18/09 at the Journal Pavillion! :headbang:

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
HAHA that's awesome Dan!! I can't believe you actually called that in and won lol. Amazing. BTW where do you work these days?

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA that's awesome Dan!! I can't believe you actually called that in and won lol. Amazing. BTW where do you work these days?
Lol thanks man! I'm at Solid Tech!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Lol thanks man! I'm at Solid Tech!
No way!? Dude that's badass. I thought you were at BMW? Your mom still into the miata deal?

G

·
Damn your lucky. Those tickets are selling like crazy, and they are quite expensive to. I just got my tickets to the concert in September with Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Sixx Am, Nickelback, and Trapt.

·
89 Mustang GT HO hatchback
72 Posts
i highly highly recomend participating in the mosh for SLAYER:headbang:

you wont regret:thumbsup:

lucky guess

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Im really stoked about going. I am sure all of them will be good, but I really want to see All That Remains because they are one of my favorite bands, and Manson because I have never seen a live show of his before.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Badass you won the tickets! I want to go, but Tool is playing in Denver the same day so Im debating on which one to go to still.... Here is the lineup:

·TOOL ·Widespread Panic ·
· Incubus · Ben Harper & Relentless7 · G. Love & Special Sauce ·
· Ani DiFranco · The Black Keys · Galactic · Paolo Nutini · Gomez ·
· The Greyboy Allstars · Railroad Earth · India.Arie · Lyrics Born ·
· Rocco DeLuca & The Burden · Needtobreathe · The Band of Heathens ·
· Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam · Set Forth · Early Pearl ·

Seems like the RockStar Mehem may have a better lineup, but I wanna go just for Tool!!

·
89 Mustang GT HO hatchback
72 Posts
Yeah, Im really stoked about going. I am sure all of them will be good, but I really want to see All That Remains because they are one of my favorite bands, and Manson because I have never seen a live show of his before.
all that remains are fukkin bad ass, 4 being a christian band... there 10x better at the sunshine theater tho,

mayhem show is gonna be fukkin bad ass... i'm glad there doing like a huge metal event since ozzfest is no longer upon us

1 - 16 of 16 Posts