True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was cruising around on my buddies R1 on wed going south on unser. i was going about 40 to 45 mph and all of a sudden the car in the lane to the left of me comes into my lane. so i swerve to the right just missing the side curb and in the bike lane then i see there is a turn lane coming up in 10 feet or so so i tap brake and did a small endo(so a bystander says) and then nail the curb straight on. i flew and rolled about 10 to 15 feet and have pretty bad hand arm and leg road rash. i got about 20 stitches but the dome peice is all good!! :yesnod: here are some pics. o and by the way the lady or guy kept driving. i am not sure if he/she saw me at all or they did and just booked it. not sure what do people think i should do. call ron bell? let me know what you think here are pics

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah fucken idiots. then to top it off the cop gave me a ticket for not having any info on me. registration, insurance. fucken asswhole made me sign it as i was trying to leave in the ambulance in excruciating pain. i couldnt even hold the pen bro. my hands are way fucked

G

·
WTF you had to have been going more than 45 i went down about a month ago at about 50 to 60 and slid well over 100yards and all i got was a tiny little bit of rash i was wearing a helmet t shirt pants and boots no leathers and no gloves, we were supposed to be doing slow stunting that's why i was not wearing the leather

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my buddy was going 25 and had worste injusries than me. i think it just depends. i was wearing shorts, shirt and skater shoes.i know for sure i was not going fast than 50 or even 45

G

·
my buddy was going 25 and had worste injusries than me. i think it just depends. i was wearing shorts, shirt and skater shoes.i know for sure i was not going fast than 50 or even 45
damn i bet you looked cool right before you went down with the shorts and skater shoes

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah most likely. lol this was the one time i didnt throw on the jacket. i literally just went around the corner from my friends house just to cruise for a sec and bad luck came my way like always. dumb ass move on my part i guess but you never think its gonna happen to you... especially going down the street. o well

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Safety gear is good for the body..mmmmmkay!!! Good to see you will heal all right...bet you will wear that jacket next time?? And drivers in NM blow, you think they give 2 shits about people on bikes?

·
Banned
2,987 Posts
this is terrible.... i hate bikes and worry for you all that ride them..

i am glad though that you are still alive...

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah NM drivers blow my ass. lol but it was my mistake for not throwing on the jacket when i should have. never say never is very true and everyone should go by that cause anything can happen at anytime and anywhere. and yeah im glad im alive too

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
A leather jacket and a helmet and you wouldnt of needed an ambulance. Just an explanation to your friend. Never ride a bike without gear, Ive gone down at 50mph and at 75mph and luckily the gear I had let tumble then make the next track day session at the track.
Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Asphalt is very unforgiving.

G

·
Dang that sucks so bad. I'm glad you are ok though. What a dick cop, i cant believe u got a ticket and had to sign it. That fucked up. Let me know if you need anything.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
As said before, Asphalt is extremely unforgiving. Really glad you survived this incident and I assume you were at least wearing a helmet. I wanted to shoot a different cager everytime I road back when I had a bike. You always have to be the most defensive driver possible.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Damn!

I am one of those guys that says, "I'm just going down the street, I won't need a helmet, Jacket or boots." This has never happened to me. I hope it never does. I'm glad you're okay. Thank you for sharing. I am going to make it a point to try to remember this the next time I jump on a bike.

·
Ah kitty kitty
2,192 Posts
Damm thats jacked..Shorts and no gear...are a no no.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah definetly learned a lesson. too late tro turn around now but shit happens. glad i could be an example for you vega lol. but really never say never. i have learned that before but never to this extent. you dont ever want to learn this way either very very painful for sure. and yeah assphalt is gay lol they should make it like rubberized or sum shit lol.

im makin a pretty good recovery though. my hands are getting better now. my back is scabbbing over and it is very painful to move because the scabs crack but its the only way. everything else is healing slowly. should be a good 2 weeks before i am able to be active again. i should be able to still make it to the sunday the 2nd meet though wouldnt miss that!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Dude holy shit...wow. As soon as I heard Aldrin got an R1 I was like "that ain't gonna last long" Because how he wrecked joe's bike. But your the one that laid it down? Shitty bro. I'm glad your ok Kyle. No more riding without gear I bet huh? And what a dick cop! It could have been much worse, so consider yourself lucky!

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah bro i showered yesterday it was rediculous. i wanted to fucken scream my head off wow. lol not fun for sure im plannin on not doing this again im thinkin lol. and yeah ger next time. well if there is a next time...

1 - 20 of 87 Posts