True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CFSC Founder
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big can I go on a completely stock LR4 4.8L without gaping the rings? 200 wet shot?

Also how much power does a stock 4l60e and 12 bolt rear hold?

·
1st Gear
676 Posts
Nothing, because it doesn't have arms.

·
The slowest cobra on TSC
2,163 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
In my experience.....the 4l60 is gonna be your limiting factor. Blew two up at around 500rwhp. The 4.8 with the right fuel system and tuning should handle a 150-200 with no issues. be sure is has plenty of good fuel and conservative timing. Good luck with the 4l60

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
Don't even fuck with the ring gap just run it

·
Registered
7 Posts
How big can I go on a completely stock LR4 4.8L without gaping the rings? 200 wet shot?

Also how much power does a stock 4l60e and 12 bolt rear hold?
start with a 100 wet shot and go from there, don't forget to pull timing also. I use a progressive controller that starts with a 100 and my ignition pulls 2 degrees of timing when it hits.

·
CFSC Founder
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old thread but thanks for the input lol

Ended up going with a mild 5.3 setup instead and the 4.8 we had is now in our friends '86 notch with a s480 strapped to it lol

Still completely stock bottom end, he's hoping to reset the 4.8 world record for elapsed time.

Not sure how close he will get but I know that thing has 8's in it with ease. It ran low 9's on a 200 shot with a carbed lq4 lol

Our project car and his both have th400's in them. His has a fully built 9" and ours is still a mild 8.8

I'll be happy if we run high 11's on motor and mid 10's on the juice.

The 5.3 setup we have is a stock bottom end with ported 243 heads, LS6 intake, big nitrous cam from Texas speed, longtube headers, 3200 stall, th400, etc etc all tucked in a '89 notch.

I'll be happy with 350-375rwhp on motor lol

Pretty sure my buddy Judd picked up a LS swap on3 performance hot side kit for the notch so at this point I'm willing to bet it'll wind up turbo'd before it gets finished for the nitrous setup haha.

I still need to finish working out the bugs on my '90 hatch. Been probably a month since I've seen the notch so for all I know my buddy may have sold it lol

·
Central Florida Street Cars
34 Posts
Nah I haven't sold it "yet" lol

Although I did just fork out about a grand today on those 28's I sent you a picture of lol so there went the extra cash for the notch lmfao

It's still tucked up under the shed out back waiting for you and my dad to fuck around with it

I've been investing all of my spare time into the pantera trying to get it finished for fl2k14 next month. I think the ZF transaxle is hurt so idk if I'm even taking the car at this point.

I might trailer the FD down to show it off but I won't be racing it unless I finish wiring the LT-10 and pick up a set of S-71's for it.

Shit I might just be taking the truck and throw the gsxr in the back like we did last year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts