True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've killed off 2 transmissions both we're 2nd gear, 3 head gaskets, 2 stock clutch's, 2 pressure plates and spun 1 piston rod. As much as I'd like to say my VW is unbreakable, everything has its limits.:driving:

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
shattered number 7 piston in a cobra motor, 5 pistons/rings in a GT motor, srt4 tranny, a clutch....... and the little stuff..

Nothing on the race car yet

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Too many. Broke a piston and cylinder head back when I was on the stock shortblock in my camaro. Also broke the t56 and rearend. Blew out the passenger side rear shock, and just broke 2 more pistons in my forged motor. Also went through 3 Gary Gonzales th400's

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
3 4l60es a clutch a 10bolt and hundreds of tires lol

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Too many. Broke a piston and cylinder head back when I was on the stock shortblock in my camaro. Also broke the t56 and rearend. Blew out the passenger side rear shock, and just broke 2 more pistons in my forged motor. Also went through 3 Gary Gonzales th400's
Shows what a badass tranny Gary Gonzales builds

I'll never ever own one

·
TSC ******
720 Posts
In the SRT... Clutch, pressure plate, turbo, 3rd/4th gear shift fork, too many couplers to count and thats it so far..... Nothing on the GSR yet.......... And my project Integra... stock clutch, turbo, axle, tranny, intercooler pipes and couplers.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
almost every damn sensor the car has...a rim, and both rear struts. nothing amazing yet. my tranny just wont die

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Oh god do I really have to list all this?! lol.

85z28- 1 valve lock=1 valve spring=1 valve=1 pushrod=1 piston=1 connecting rod=1 cylinder wall=1 cylinder block. (over revved it a tad)

84z28- 4 clutches, 3 trannies, 2 flywheels, 4 ring and pinions, 2 torque arms, 2 crankshafts, 1 camshaft, 2 head gaskets, ?? pushrods, 2 bent rocker arms, 1 collapsed lifter. motor actually took a final shit before selling the rolling chassis, just don't wanna open her up cuz im scared of what i might find. Already know its bad, there's a hole in the pan....

89IROCZ- valve stem seals and 2 flat tires....

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Oh god do I really have to list all this?! lol.

85z28- 1 valve lock=1 valve spring=1 valve=1 pushrod=1 piston=1 connecting rod=1 cylinder wall=1 cylinder block. (over revved it a tad)

84z28- 4 clutches, 3 trannies, 2 flywheels, 4 ring and pinions, 2 torque arms, 2 crankshafts, 1 camshaft, 2 head gaskets, ?? pushrods, 2 bent rocker arms, 1 collapsed lifter. motor actually took a final shit before selling the rolling chassis, just don't wanna open her up cuz im scared of what i might find. Already know its bad, there's a hole in the pan....

89IROCZ- valve stem seals and 2 flat tires....

hahahaha yeah that sounds about right. see and now your fucken bad luck is stuck to me since you left bro!! i wanna see that motor when you get back damnet lol it is prolly f'd bad....

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
hahahaha yeah that sounds about right. see and now your fucken bad luck is stuck to me since you left bro!! i wanna see that motor when you get back damnet lol it is prolly f'd bad....
ya garunteed it has a rod chillin in the pan. The cam was snapped in half so I think the back half of the valves stopped opening and closing so that is what caused the whole failure. damn summit cheap ass $59 dollar Cams...lol

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Because I build my stuff tuff as far as engines, I've only broke parts from being an idiot with bad octane, boost abuse or missed shifts.....ie; bent valves and many blown headgaskets.

Transmissions - 3 of the old Ford T-5 transmissions

Clutches don't count as they are going to go away after awhile anyhow.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
In the 3 Dsm's I have had... 3 blown head gaskets, 2 cylinder heads (thanks to timing belts skipping teeth!!),2 blown turbos, 2 tranny's, 3 clutches, 2 rear dif's, 3 rear axles, 1 drivers side spindle...i think thats about it,lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the 3 Dsm's I have had... 3 blown head gaskets, 2 cylinder heads (thanks to timing belts skipping teeth!!),2 blown turbos, 2 tranny's, 3 clutches, 2 rear dif's, 3 rear axles, 1 drivers side spindle...i think thats about it,lol.

I've got a few friends who had their DSM's skip some teeth. Most of the parts they kill off are the transmission parts. I take it the turbos where stock?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Because I build my stuff tuff as far as engines, I've only broke parts from being an idiot with bad octane, boost abuse or missed shifts.....ie; bent valves and many blown headgaskets.

Transmissions - 3 of the old Ford T-5 transmissions

Clutches don't count as they are going to go away after awhile anyhow.

Wow! you killed off a T5 trans nice. What I mean about the clutchs is that they blow apart from all the stress.

Like in this pic..

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=121441312&albumID=628388&imageID=23062298

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
I've got a few friends who had their DSM's skip some teeth. Most of the parts they kill off are the transmission parts. I take it the turbos where stock?
they are when you turn up the boost past 20lbs,lol.....got bored a few times and wanted to see how much boost they would make, they got a little hot, blew a seal, and pooof there went stock turbo,lol. DSM's are gods way of smiting someone for thinking they can make a reliable performance car,lol. :driving:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts