True Street Car Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Hi my name is
3,873 Posts
I dont know anything at all about the GTR you raced, but it doesn't look like he used LC though. I can tell you that a stock GTR (2013-2016) is around 11.7-12.2 in ABQ. Sea level is around 10.8-11.1. Normally Vinny is correct, but the stock turbo's are too small to compensate for the extreme elevation loss so it's more than .3 loss in the GTR's case.

This is a timeslip from a stock 2015 GTR a few weeks ago in Alb.

In any case, it's not enough for your 11.2 by any means. Seems like the BMW is getting fast. You should be proud of that.

FYI - "Black Edition" is just a carbon fiber Spoiler, different rims and red and black interior. So it's kind of like racing a Corvette with the 3lt package as opposed to a base.... Not going to be any faster.

·
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I dont know anything at all about the GTR you raced, but it doesn't look like he used LC though. I can tell you that a stock GTR (2013-2016) is around 11.7-12.2 in ABQ. Sea level is around 10.8-11.1. Normally Vinny is correct, but the stock turbo's are too small to compensate for the extreme elevation loss so it's more than .3 loss in the GTR's case.

In any case, it's not enough for your 11.2 by any means. Seems like the BMW is getting fast. You should be proud of that.

FYI - "Black Edition" is just a carbon fiber Spoiler, different rims and red and black interior. So it's kind of like racing a Corvette with the 3lt package as opposed to a base.... Not going to be any faster.
Ya I do like to think I know my cars ...been around racing for a long time . and been building my car with my own hands .. But ya man with my own eyes only seen stock ones low 12s...

Thanks ... ya man Bmw is geting back on track ...about time ....... Need more fuel up top and trying to dial in the 60 think there's a 1.5x 60ft in my car ...

I'm shur if I put my slicks on it would be easy 1.5 60ft but rear will puke all over the track if I get lower 1.5.. So I got some things on the list to get this thing mid 10.5 .. Will get there .. Due time goal to do it with the chrome flashy rims on it in the vid at track but some times side wall is were it at lol .....

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts

[URL=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/angelspeedfreak/index_zpsz9neyrto.jpg][click to view quoted image][/URL]

Seems like a garbage 60' for launch control. Id expect at least low 1.6s leaving on any kind of boost

·
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
No doubt gtr's are a reachable supercar IMO ...they are sexy machines .... Still a good chunk of cash ..

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
I've seen two 2009 GTRs run 11.2 bone stock here in Albuquerque.

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
Stock GTRs do not leave on boost. 4200rpm and away they go. A 1.7 sixty foot at this elevation is actually better then I would of expected.
Just seems weird to me that the Turbo S went 1.52 bone stock here with launch control, but the GT-R is stuggling to see 1.6s.

I know, different car, but they're rated the same 0-60 and pretty damn close in the quarter.

·
3rd Gear
1,016 Posts
Just seems weird to me that the Turbo S went 1.52 bone stock here with launch control, but the GT-R is stuggling to see 1.6s.

I know, different car, but they're rated the same 0-60 and pretty damn close in the quarter.
Turbo S is more detuned from the factory. Their stock computer adjust for this altitude and the turbos have the room to compensate. They will run a high 10 here stock. GTR is about a second behind that up here. These tiny turbos suck on the GTR at elevation.

·
TWAT
4,370 Posts
What in the actual fuck lol

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.