True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ported and decked heads for the Vette:

CR increased to 11.8:1, exhaust flow increased by 18%, intake by 14%. Should be a nice increase in power.

Notice how the stock heads have round chambers, the decking took them down to heart shaped smaller chambers.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
looks very nice. Hopefully that much increase in flow reflects on your dyno numbers.

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks very nice. Hopefully that much increase in flow reflects on your dyno numbers.
I doubt it. The intake ports now outflow the intake manifold. I'm hoping for 30 to 35 more rwhp.

·
Adrenaline junky!
218 Posts
Very nice! Cant wait for the track to open.

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nice work on those heads. Any other changes or just the heads?
No other changes, I'm keeping it stock cubes (big already) and no power adders. Well, hardened pushrods (had to be a little shorter due to the decking) and ARP head studs. I could have kicked the CR up another three tenths or so with different head gaskets, but I'm skeered of piston to valve clearance.

Prices are on the Texas Speed website, lot's of different options. I went with stock (expensive) titanium intake valves and stock sodium filled stainless exhaust valves. Cha-ching.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Looks like a good job.

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
Nice, I was wondering abut the cam or valves. Can't wait to see the numbers. Whats your cam specs? Wonder if this help the cam do its work much better depending on the specs.

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the cam is big, and really needs good flowing heads to show it's stuff:

242/254 @.050", .657/.648", on a 113 +4

Valves are as big as will fit in a 12 degree head, 2.20" intake, 1.60" exhaust.

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. Weather permitting, we'll squirt in a modified tune and strap her down on the dyno this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts