True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
"The engine is roughly based off the Gluhareff 5 lb thrust pressure jet model. It is made from 20 gauge stainless steel and weighs about 3 lbs and is heavy duty enough for static test runs"

Doesn't "static" mean stationary?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
This will work.

·
Registered
706 Posts
"The engine is roughly based off the Gluhareff 5 lb thrust pressure jet model. It is made from 20 gauge stainless steel and weighs about 3 lbs and is heavy duty enough for static test runs"

Doesn't "static" mean stationary?
With all the static Johnvon get's......perfect:lol:

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4KH88tLSY&feature=related"]YouTube - jetbike[/ame]

anyone got a spare turbo laying around?

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
You can't mount this to a bicycle, it will melt your shoes and start your pants on fire. Plus, you'd have to have a pretty large pressurized tank of propane mounted to you or the bike.

I dunno about you, but I don't want a huge tank of explosive gas on me with a piece of metal under me that's hot enough to cause the air AROUND it to combust...

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
John, why the hell do you have to give Jonvon some logic. Just let him be man. He will find out through trial and error.

·
Registered
706 Posts
:lol:A small pulse jet is about as practical as a pair of Zircon encrusted snowshoe's, but even Robert H. Goddard had to start somewhere, at the very least, this should make one entertaining video, Johnvon, I have a mountain bike sitting in my backyard that was ridden about five times , if you'll use it for this project, you can have it!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i need a back tire bike rack to mount it on and some heat defence so i dont melt the tire. should be in tomorrow, John ill let you know about the bike i have a mt bike but the free spool in the peddal broke.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
This is going to be intresting

1 - 20 of 20 Posts