True Street Car Forums banner

281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Warp Drive
3,545 Posts
But these fans were never around when the before the Cowboys Superbowl stint in the 90's and recent success on the Broncos. So unless there has been geographical shift on the earth with very speddy techtonic plates bring the cities closer than they used to be, I'm calling it bandwagon.
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have had a lot of fans since they won their first SB in the 70's. Went to 5 SB's in the 70's to be exact so I don't think Cowboys fans just popped up in the 90's. Some bandwagon fans did but that's any team winning a lot

·
Last of the 5 speed DSM's
1,074 Posts
I love in Colorado.... Says all I need to about being a Broncos fan

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
been a bronco fan since i was a little kid, but i'll give the cowboys props demarco murry is having a huge year...

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
But these fans were never around when the before the Cowboys Superbowl stint in the 90's and recent success on the Broncos. So unless there has been geographical shift on the earth with very speddy techtonic plates bring the cities closer than they used to be, I'm calling it bandwagon.
Bandwagon or not, I'd rather see them cheer a 'local' team than some north eastern team that they'll likely never in their lifetime get to see on the field.

I'm still curious as to how someone in the SW even gets around to calling some north eastern team 'their team'. Is it because the colors make for some pretty jerseys to match their newest nail polish?

·
We talkin' or we racin'?
3,026 Posts
Bandwagon or not, I'd rather see them cheer a 'local' team than some north eastern team that they'll likely never in their lifetime get to see on the field.

I'm still curious as to how someone in the SW even gets around to calling some north eastern team 'their team'. Is it because the colors make for some pretty jerseys to match their newest nail polish?
Well the simplest conclusion in my opinion is I think if growing up in NM your more than likely a kid when you pick a team to like and seen as tho your "a kid" your probably just gonna pick a team based on what a kid would pick whatever that may be. I like the steelers and I have since I was 12 and I think I mainly picked them because I raced motocross and Pittsburgh had a sick pro motocross track and my favorite pro would always wear steelers gear with the black and yellow and steelers helmet logo. and I got hooked and started loving the steelers and watching them and that has been my team ever since. So yeah basically pretty colors could play a factor! :lol: My reasons for been a steelers fan is pretty :gay: and pointless.. But hey I was a kid! :lol:

·
We talkin' or we racin'?
3,026 Posts
My little nephew loves basketball and plays on a team and that's all he basically does and likes Louisville over the Lobos :shrug: idk lol he's 12

·
Come back here with my show!
1,166 Posts
Broncos and Cowboys are the the only teams within driving distance.

How do the rest of you guys choose your teams? Pretty colors and sexy QB asses? :secret:
You have misunderestimated driving distance. I could be a Browns fan if that were the qualifier. Glad I'm not, but it's still within a days drive.

Most of my peers throughout school picked their teams by bandwagoning from whoever was doing well at the time, which is why Cowboys and 49ers fans can eat a bag of dicks unless they can provide 2 proofs of residency. Later on, everyone was forming a queue to suck off Tom Brady, and none of you fuckers are from Boston.

FWIW I picked my team when I was about 5 years old and I though tornadoes were the coolest thing ever. Hence, Chiefs fan.

·
We talkin' or we racin'?
3,026 Posts

·
Last of the 5 speed DSM's
1,074 Posts
Those fucking chargers..... Sad sad sad

·
M0DM0T0R
1,677 Posts
Wow what a crazy game! The boys were choking the whole game, then they came back, pulled it off and broke the curse! !!!!! Go Cowboys!!!!

·
We talkin' or we racin'?
3,026 Posts
Bullshit call on picking up the flag on pass interference.. Oh well was a good game tho Fer sure

·
Warp Drive
3,545 Posts
Fuck the cowboys.
They won't beat the packers.. there's no way they'd beat the sea hawks..
They already beat the seachickens once this year so that's not a true statement lol! They came through when it mattered... like Matt said it wasn't looking good but they turned it around. Green Bay will be a tough game but if they make it past them there's no reason to think they can't beat the Hawks I mean since it happened once already this season

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
It was a good game. People bitching about the pick up flag aren't bitching about the no call on the face mask in the very same play.

Packers will be tough, but we have won every road game so far.........

281 - 300 of 309 Posts