True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have had parts installed weeks ago, and my car tuned twice. but still no shifting at WOT... wtf?? anybody know anything 4l60e's? besides them sucking... i'm sick of 3 g shifts and have to stop at yellow lights.... if any one could help a bratha out i'll repay you in friendship:beer: thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok so first thing who installed your parts and are thay reliable, do thay know what there doing. Sacond thing what size is your stall and is it a lock up and third who is doing your tuning. I never tuned my car and I had a 3600 yank and I never had any problems like yours the only problem I had is that I was driving an LT1 ha ha ya sell your car and get something elce unless you want to continue putting money in it and never getting any faster ! Good luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so first thing who installed your parts and are thay reliable, do thay know what there doing. Sacond thing what size is your stall and is it a lock up and third who is doing your tuning. I never tuned my car and I had a 3600 yank and I never had any problems like yours the only problem I had is that I was driving an LT1 ha ha ya sell your car and get something elce unless you want to continue putting money in it and never getting any faster ! Good luck
lol... a pro did all the work, i havea 2500 rpm.... all name brand parts, none of that summit shit...... i like lt1's........... i just remeber i may drive a lt1, but there are people who drive v6 camaro's..

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
wow...the FUCK thread...where real power, grammar, and spelling just arent welcome.

greyskull by the way :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow...the FUCK thread...where real power, grammar, and spelling just arent welcome.

greyskull by the way :lol:
thanks for the hurtful comments.... i drive an lt1 already, my self esteem is already low enough..................... :nono:

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
WHY?!?!?!

Didn't everybody on the fucking planet tell you to save your dollars and fucking sell that Lt1 and replace it with a real car?

Like a civic! Cuz we all know Civics are fucking turn-key racecars!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol........ i'm just kidding..............

·
TWAT
4,370 Posts
once again...this is just saaaad.....

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Just help the guy out, it dont matter what you drive as long as your down to race. PM "onefastlt1" on this fourm he had a tranny issue and got it resolved just recently.

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
If your tranny is not shifting at WOT and shifts normal during normal driving there is a good chance you need a tranny rebuild. One thing you can do to help it from slipping is to overfill the tranny half a quart, this will increase your line pressure, or have someone tune your tranny for firmer shifts which will also increase your line pressure. Also did you up your shift points for WOT on your tune without increasing your rev limiter. If none of those work, time for a rebuild.

I run a 14.4 here in Albuqerue (5000ft elevation) on street tires with LT headers, 2400 stall/trango, CAI, and 52mm TB. Stock 3.23 gears, stock heads, stock bottom end, stock cam, and stock tune.

You can build these engines cheap, brand new complete 4 bolt main shortblocks on ebay for $1199.00 and patriot heads for 896.00. A aftermarket cam from willhoites for $130.00. And you have a sick motor. Don't let people discourage your old school lt1. It makes it that much greater when they get beat by one. Especially NA. A friend of mine who used to work at yearwood has his 383 lt1 with AFR Heads and a cam running 11 sec NA. Now he is throwing a turbo on it.

Im putting in a lt4 hotcam in mine now and going to tune it from pcmforless and will be running in the 13s soon NA. Its a good streetable cam but you can go as big as a cc305 or cc306 for the street, but those are a little more expensive.

Do the lt4 conversion, 1.6 rr and lt4 hot cam. Bang for buck. My friend does excellent work for a good price too so pm if you have any questions.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Check your shifter cable adjustment at the shifter and verify its sitting in the gate. I killed a transmission in about 500 miles due to the cable not adjusted right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts