True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You make it sound like they are making 30 grand a year . come one if i was a ceo/cfo of a major auto company with millions in the bank pluse huge bonuses
and it came down to me sacraficing 1 years worth of pay to save the entire company thousands upon thousands of jobs.. you bet ya.
unless you care about your self and not the company.
They just want some free money, but are not willing to give up luxuries to get it.
also i say why give the auto makers the money whyt not give the money to us. this way we all have nice cars they sell their cars, and employ the people making the cars. so you give the big 3 lots of $$$$ then what they still didnt sell any cars.. as for who gets the money there would be rules that you have to buy a new car from one of the big three.. there would be rules for who would get the money, like must have a valid drivers license, be a legle resident of the USA, have a flawless income tax records for the last 5 years if applicable. be over 18, not be in jail or on probation.
I traced this to one of the links
"That's funny; Nardelli ran home Depot into the ground because he couldn't foresee the changing housing market, so he walks away with a $230M+ golden parachute and then his brilliance at Home Depot is rewarded by being hired by Cerberus to run Chrysler. After the debacle at his last job Nardelli knows that he would be crucified in the media (again) if he didn't agree."

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Fuck that. The rich get richer....all that BS

·
Registered
226 Posts
You make it sound like they are making 30 grand a year . come one if i was a ceo/cfo of a major auto company with millions in the bank pluse huge bonuses
and it came down to me sacraficing 1 years worth of pay to save the entire company thousands upon thousands of jobs.. you bet ya.
unless you care about your self and not the company.
They just want some free money, but are not willing to give up luxuries to get it.
also i say why give the auto makers the money whyt not give the money to us. this way we all have nice cars they sell their cars, and employ the people making the cars. so you give the big 3 lots of $$$$ then what they still didnt sell any cars.. as for who gets the money there would be rules that you have to buy a new car from one of the big three.. there would be rules for who would get the money, like must have a valid drivers license, be a legle resident of the USA, have a flawless income tax records for the last 5 years if applicable. be over 18, not be in jail or on probation.
I traced this to one of the links
"That's funny; Nardelli ran home Depot into the ground because he couldn't foresee the changing housing market, so he walks away with a $230M+ golden parachute and then his brilliance at Home Depot is rewarded by being hired by Cerberus to run Chrysler. After the debacle at his last job Nardelli knows that he would be crucified in the media (again) if he didn't agree."
This concludes that you know nothing about "CEO/CFOs". Most of these people put every dime thay own back into there company, im sure there are some "greedy" ones out there too. you dont know these peoples Curcumstances, for all you know they could be broke from pouring all there money into their company and cant afford to support themselves and there familes.

·
Phantom
222 Posts
I agree with jonvons posts. I also think we should go into those offices Dogma style and shoot all of them....but thats just me

·
Mustang Graveyard
655 Posts
In a circumstance like this, I would have to agree with johnvon. With the amount of $$$ ceo's are being paid i don't think it's asking very much at all out of them to accept a $1 salary in exchange for bailout money by the fed. regardless of how big of loss they took in the market, its ridiculous to say that these men could or may not be able to afford to feed their families etc. It's true that they may have to adjust their already lavish lifestyle to save a multi billion dollar company, but any GOOD business owner has to be willing to put back what he is taking so to speak, if you don't want total failure. I think by declining the offer, he is showing lack of leadership and playing on greed. just my .02c tho...

·
AKA hondaman
1,346 Posts
This concludes that you know nothing about "CEO/CFOs". Most of these people put every dime thay own back into there company, im sure there are some "greedy" ones out there too. you dont know these peoples Curcumstances, for all you know they could be broke from pouring all there money into their company and cant afford to support themselves and there familes.
omg you have to be joking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts