True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what it is about freaking New Mexico but its hard to let that dust bowl go. I'm not a Native as a matter of fact I don't live there anymore. My family and I just moved to Florida after living in Albuquerque for almost 7 years, opportunity showed its ugly faced so we decided to chance it and made the move. 1 Wife 2 Kids 1 house 7 vehicle(toys included) 1 dog 1 cat and a turtle that fucking died....hahahahah Parted ways with my Friend/business partner drove 3000 miles lets just say I put some effort into this(all within 30days). I grew up in Florida, have family in Florida, and thought that it would be nice, to be closer... Man I made a mistake. And I dont know why I made a mistake it just dont feel right. Some of you know me, some of you know me through M&G, but those that I call my friend GOD DAMN I miss you!!!!! At 34 years old you dont make friend like you did when you were 20 or in your teens. Not trying to make this a sob story just can honestly say I MISS YOU GUYS. Thanks to this website and all those that take part in it, at least I can take this with me. Any Ideas other than the obvious, Which still might happen!!!!!

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
You miss Albuquerque? You're a sick man!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm one of first people you met out here. I know how you feel Shawn everytime I visit miami I'm ready to come back. I have no idea what it is? The people, the weather, slower pace of life compared to big cities fuck who knows but its crazy. Tee would leave in a heart beat but I'm almost positive she would miss here too. Nothing is forever you can always ship your asses back.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
With good reason! I've traveled enough to know that Albuquerque is a nice place. People complain about it, but I think just for the sake of complaining. I love this place. There's a car scene and the weather is awesome. No way in hell I'm moving (unless I meet a p0rn star on MySpace and she says she loves me :lol:). Hopefully we'll see you around sometime.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm one of first people you met out here. I know how you feel Shawn everytime I visit miami I'm ready to come back. I have no idea what it is? The people, the weather, slower pace of life compared to big cities fuck who knows but its crazy. Tee would leave in a heart beat but I'm almost positive she would miss here too. Nothing is forever you can always ship your asses back.
Ol' Toad frog lol.... That seems like forever ago too. Mowing the grass on the Dragstrip so we can race... Michelle and I have been talking nothing is in stone.

Somebody Needs to ship me some Rudy's and a lb of Chile.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Man I know exactly how you feel. Grew up in ABQ, lived there for 18 years. I couldn't fucking wait to leave that place(not sure what it was I guess I just thought that if I left things would get better) so I joined the damn Marine Corps and have been stationed in San Diego, Oceanside, Pensacola FL, Virginia Beach, and now Japan. None of those places even came close to ABQ. It's weird how you never realize how nice something or someplace is until you leave or it's taken away. I would give anything to be back in the Burque with all my Buddies and the TSC crew. I miss it so much. Just know that your not the only one using TSC as a way to connect with ABQ. LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
You know, I'm from Texas. Grew up there, lived there 20 years. And I'm sure everyone knows how much Texans love their state. And I do. However, I've lived here in NM for 8 years now and I love it here. Made great friends, and the weather is badass. As much as I love Texas, I think NM is better. The weather, the scenery, a lot of things. I'm sure I'll move back to Texas someday, but I will definitely miss NM. I will visit often if I do leave.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man I know exactly how you feel. Grew up in ABQ, lived there for 18 years. I couldn't fucking wait to leave that place(not sure what it was I guess I just thought that if I left things would get better) so I joined the damn Marine Corps and have been stationed in San Diego, Oceanside, Pensacola FL, Virginia Beach, and now Japan. None of those places even came close to ABQ. It's weird how you never realize how nice something or someplace is until you leave or it's taken away. I would give anything to be back in the Burque with all my Buddies and the TSC crew. I miss it so much. Just know that your not the only one using TSC as a way to connect with ABQ. LOL.
Semper-Fi devil dog. HAHA been there done that song and dance too. I left the corp being in 1998, I too was stationed in Oceanside. 43 area Los polgus(spelling) 17 years old in California wasn't to bad, love those delmar girls. humm, I think I married one once to drunk to remember. Drag racing in carlsbad. and oh yea TJ.(mexico). Hang in there brother whats your MOS

G

·
That sucks. I'm sorry you moved. I hated moving as a kid it sucked ass. I missed albuquerque so much. I wont move again, at least for quite a long while, and only if i get a good job offer somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Land of Entrapment, You will be back. Only get one life, might as well enjoy it. Anyway at least you didn't drive the camaro and break it, it would have for sure been your fault. lol Miss you, you big red headed goofball.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
this is the best i can do to help ya
Home they are all flordia boys might help getting a good connection.
the only place i would move is NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!, I love it there. the beach, awsome street racing scene, nicer people, beauty every where you go and tons of hot women. the best part every one is a open racist asshole, just like me.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Semper-Fi devil dog. HAHA been there done that song and dance too. I left the corp being in 1998, I too was stationed in Oceanside. 43 area Los polgus(spelling) 17 years old in California wasn't to bad, love those delmar girls. humm, I think I married one once to drunk to remember. Drag racing in carlsbad. and oh yea TJ.(mexico). Hang in there brother whats your MOS
Ah no kidding you served? Good stuff. Yea being in Cali has it's perks, but I still love NM more. I am a 6462 Avionics guy. But they are phasing it out due to some funds getting cut or some shit. So IDK what I will be come 2010. What did you do man? Shoot me a PM or something.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
this is the best i can do to help ya
Home they are all flordia boys might help getting a good connection.
the only place i would move is NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!, I love it there. the beach, awsome street racing scene, nicer people, beauty every where you go and tons of hot women. the best part every one is a open racist asshole, just like me.
Thats the best kind of place.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Theres something about a country girl in a bikini (Myrtal Beach) that just works for me LOL.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
I think you guys are nuts. I grew up in Albuquerque and regret not leaving the place sooner. I miss the street racing, the mountains, skiing, my family and friends, and some of the food. However, the crime, the wind, women, limited career opportunities, ugly un-landscaped city, trash, general attitude of the people, and a few other things that slip my mind at the moment made it an absolutely miserable place to live or raise a family. Maybe things have changed??? I'm lucky if I visit once every 4 or 5 years...

Later,

Greg

·
Old School > young punks
1,821 Posts
We miss you too. Cassidy is always asking where your kids are.

Eric

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I love taking my vacations in Florida, but living in Albuquerque is the shit. I wouldn't trade it for anywhere that i currently know of.

except maybe nc if it is as good as Johnvon says lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts