True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
DAHAHAHAHA oh man that's gotta suck. Shoulda adjusted that suspension or something!!! LOL
I guess the GT won!!

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Oh shit. Didn't see that coming

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Yeah, who's the unlucky chap that gets to call Renault after that.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
God damn that was nuts. I have always wondered how fast F1 cars were. Wonder what it would do in a full 1/4.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
WTF!! give that guy somemore to drink.. jeeezz!

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I have/had an old Road & Track where they drag a variety of racecars, from F1 to Top Fuel to NOPI Pro RWD to Pikes Peak cars and street cars and NASCARS. If I remember right the F1 did something in the mid or low 9 range at some ungodly ridiculous mph, like 180 or more. I'll have to see if I can find it if I still have it.

·
3rd Gear
962 Posts
IIRC the driver was an old WRC driver and this was his first attempt or something behind an F1. This was a ceremony or something for Renault.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
How much do F1 cars run? Millions right?

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I have/had an old Road & Track where they drag a variety of racecars, from F1 to Top Fuel to NOPI Pro RWD to Pikes Peak cars and street cars and NASCARS. If I remember right the F1 did something in the mid or low 9 range at some ungodly ridiculous mph, like 180 or more. I'll have to see if I can find it if I still have it.
I hope you find it, always been really curious about that stuff.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I have to dig pretty good, I'll look this weekend.

I do remember the NASCAR running in the mid-ish [email protected] and change. Some 180SX going in the low 8s or high 7s (drag car), and of course the fuel car going into the 4s. Even had graphs showing acceleration (in Gs) per time and how the 180SX had ridiculously more powerful acceleration than the others, but how the fuel car was just unimaginable acceleration sustained for nearly the entire run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts